IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

I am considering options for next years travel and am wondering if the single jab for teenagers will count in Europe as being fully vaccinated, and if so if they are able to access the necessary apps to gain the QR code so that they can eat in restaurants etc Anybody know?

Not yet it doesn't, but who knows as more get vaxxed. Most of Europe are sticking with two jabs for kids so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Like 1

Interesting news from US about suspensions from donor / transplants list unless vaccinated, and not just for Covid as everyone wakes up to the fact that vaccination has so far not really been questioned. I know Covid is different to most childhood vaccinations but it has brought the whole issue into focus.

I can't remember it being a factor of the discussions on the IOM during the transplant opting out debates in the last administration.

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Interesting news from US about suspensions from donor / transplants list unless vaccinated, and not just for Covid as everyone wakes up to the fact that vaccination has so far not really been questioned. I know Covid is different to most childhood vaccinations but it has brought the whole issue into focus.

I can't remember it being a factor of the discussions on the IOM during the transplant opting out debates in the last administration.

Which is absolutely bonkers. 

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

Which is absolutely bonkers. 

I agree, but that particular cat is now out of the bag. 

In the case of emergencies or for insurance claims etc the question will inevitably arise. I presume some encouragement to share vaccination status with relatives and / our possibly carry some sort of evidence of vaccination will be encouraged.

Pressures will of course be applied (some form of sanction maybe such as higher health insurance premiums) to those who have refused the Covid or perhaps other vaccines for no medical or safety related purpose.

Or will they just let it slide ? 

4 hours ago, Apple said:

Its sensible. If you have a transplant you are immunosuppresed to prevent rejection. If you have no immunity you are at much higher risk. There are more potential recipients than donors. As a result it makes less sense to transplant to those with higher risk. It's not that different to the rest of the prioritisation process 

• Thanks 3

It is sensible. I am not disagreeing with the policy. It needs to be implemented / emphasised here and the UK as soon as possible.

The point is that all potential donors must have available the information that they have been vaccinated at hand should they be in a position sadly to make such a donation. I don't think a little white card in a wallet will cut it.

I understand we are still awaiting to hear whether it will be compulsory for all health and scoaif care staff to have vaccinations or be forced to work elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, Apple said:

Donors too? I can see the sense in restricting recipients, due to immunosuppression, but donors get screened for all sorts of things before donation (HIV, Hepatitis etc) - can’t see why you’d turn down a donor organ just because the donor hadn’t been covid vaxxed. 

• Like 2

I was curious about that too, but I don't know enough about transplantations in the States.

The report also stated there were still well over 60 million people not vaccinated but there was slow improvement from two months ago.