IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

37 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Who said they weren’t bothered about anyone else?

I am bothered about the prospect of my kids being made to wear masks for no reason.

I am bothered about elderly relatives catching flu same as I am every year.

Not much you can do though sort from encourage them to get their boosters and if they are inclined stay away from crowed places.

The vulnerable have always been vulnerable to all manner of things and always will be.  How they choose to manage that risk is up to them. Not me and other healthy people 

But of course there are things you can do but you have clearly said you don't want to. However you look at  it, that's not caring about people 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I really don’t get this aspect of the debate. When has government ever cared about any of us really? All this blame-talk of people not being bothered about what happens to anyone else just because they won’t wear a mask is just a false argument. Government is only trying to do one thing and that is protect a failing NHS - it doesn’t actually care too much about the fate of individual people outside of that situation. If it did care about lives then the life of someone who needs urgent cancer treatment they currently can’t get would be just as important as someone who had covid. But it isn’t. As it stands if you don’t have covid then it’s often tough s**t if you expect them to protect your life and keep you alive. 

You can't expect an institution to care. However its the individual people on the island that ought to care about their fellows 

6 minutes ago, momo65 said:

But of course there are things you can do but you have clearly said you don't want to. However you look at  it, that's not caring about people 

I wore masks more than was required when people weren’t vaccinated and we were trying to eliminate it.

Now people are vaccinated who need to be, and we are living with it.

Continuing to force mitigation measures into people for years to come when those who want to have already protected themselves as best they can is no way for any of us to live.

We need to crack on and enjoy life which lets face it, could end tomorrow for any of us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

No one wants simple measures like masks.

No one? Why are lots of people still wearing them if that's the case? Still using hand gel too, presumably.

The hospital is nowhere near full and fills up every winter due to flu anyway.

But the covid infection rate is still moving in the wrong direction. So if it "fills up every winter anyway" Noble’s certainly doesn't want the extra influx of covid patients on top of it. The "simple measures" as you define them, are still relevant, at the very least for the time being.

The sooner everyone gets it as it starts burning itself out the better?

Good question. You seem very confident that covid, in whichever variation will "burn itself out" and that catching whichever variant leaves one immune to all covid viruses generally. Is this correct?

Will it burn itself out? Not anytime soon I imagine. Seems like you're placing your faith in herd immunity also, but this isn't happening at any pace, and the science jury is out on whether it will happen at all, so best we deal with the now, the present and the "simple measures" you claim nobody wants, need to continue, including masks and distancing where deemed necessary. That recent Toploader gig, and the infection rise which followed confirms it. Enclosed area, shoulder to shoulder, people cheering, up close shouting in your ear; viral load and an'that.

How come we haven’t heard of any new variants for months anyway when there used to be a new “killer” variant every few weeks?

Another poster supplied the information about this so your supposition has been answered.

Your impatience and petulant, repetitive responses are tiresome. You do what you wanna do, you're your own expert (on pretty much everything) and feel you know what's best for everyone.

Good job you're not in charge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

No one? Why are lots of people still wearing them if that's the case? Still using hand gel too, presumably.

But the covid infection rate is still moving in the wrong direction. So if it "fills up every winter anyway" Noble’s certainly doesn't want the extra influx of covid patients on top of it. The "simple measures" as you define them, are still relevant, at the very least for the time being.

Good question. You seem very confident that covid, in whichever variation will "burn itself out" and that catching whichever variant leaves one immune to all covid viruses generally. Is this correct?

Will it burn itself out? Not anytime soon I imagine. Seems like you're placing your faith in herd immunity also, but this isn't happening at any pace, and the science jury is out on whether it will happen at all, so best we deal with the now, the present and the "simple measures" you claim nobody wants, need to continue, including masks and distancing where deemed necessary. That recent Toploader gig, and the infection rise which followed confirms it. Enclosed area, shoulder to shoulder, people cheering, up close shouting in your ear; viral load and an'that.

Another poster supplied the information about this so your supposition has been answered.

Your impatience and petulant, repetitive responses are tiresome. You do what you wanna do, you're your own expert (on pretty much everything) and feel you know what's best for everyone.

Good job you're not in charge.

By the looks of some of his posts, he's not quite in charge of himself

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Now people are vaccinated who need to be, and we are living with it.

Continuing to force mitigation measures into people for years to come when those who want to have already protected themselves as best they can is no way for any of us to live.

Mitigation measures which are of hardly any inconvenience are living with it.

If someone is living with disability they're not pretending it doesn't exist and doing exactly what they were before.

If someone is living with diabetes, they're not pretending it doesn't exist and taking no measures to regulate their blood sugar.

Why on earth do you, and many others, seem to think that "living with it" means "acting as if it's not there".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Mitigation measures which are of hardly any inconvenience are living with it.

If someone is living with disability they're not pretending it doesn't exist and doing exactly what they were before.

If someone is living with diabetes, they're not pretending it doesn't exist and taking no measures to regulate their blood sugar.

Why on earth do you, and many others, seem to think that "living with it" means "acting as if it's not there".

Why do you and many others think we should be taking mitigation measures  up when the rest of Britain (apart from the looney Scots) have concluded it isn’t necessary and we have higher vaccination levels?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you and many others think we should be taking mitigation measures  up when the rest of Britain (apart from the looney Scots) have concluded it isn’t necessary and we have higher vaccination levels?

I was in the UK not particularly long ago and their mask-wearing rate was many times ours. Also, our current spread rate is considerably worse than theirs.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Actually, there are the following variants being monitored by the CDC as of now.

• Alpha (B.1.1.7 and Q lineages)
  • Beta (B.1.351 and descendent lineages)
  • Gamma (P.1 and descendent lineages)
  • Epsilon (B.1.427 and B.1.429)
  • Eta (B.1.525)
  • Iota (B.1.526)
  • Kappa (B.1.617.1)
  • Mu (B.1.621, B.1.621.1)
  • Zeta (P.2)

image.thumb.png.caf2fe2e0c46c31dcc4183a137bdbd26.png

Delta is still listed separately as a Variant of Concern.

Not all over the news like it used to be though is it.

People don’t care anymore and even the UK press have lost interest.  Only here do we still persist in banging on about it because people are still stuck in the stupid elimination mindset.

COVID 19 is now part of life the same as flu always has been.  Get used to it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You only have to look at UK and IoM extremely high infection levels and high vaccination levels and compare them with much lower, and reducing,  infection levels in most of Europe, where distancing and mask wearing mitigation are still in place, and sometimes vaccination levels lower than ours,  to answer your question.

Mask wearing, numbers limitation and distancing work. And are they really an imposition. I’ve been in Spain for a month, I’m off to Bulgaria next week. Compliance isn’t an issue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You only have to look at UK and IoM extremely high infection levels and high vaccination levels and compare them with much lower, and reducing,  infection levels in most of Europe, where distancing and mask wearing mitigation are still in place, and sometimes vaccination levels lower than ours,  to answer your question.

Mask wearing, numbers limitation and distancing work. And are they really an imposition. I’ve been in Spain for a month, I’m off to Bulgaria next week. Compliance isn’t an issue.

Who cares?

I am not bothered by the current levels and neither are the UK.

If people are jabbed then why restrict our lives ?

• Like 2

I hope that masks on planes and trains and in some public spaces becomes the norm. Like it was in much of Asia long before Covid.

I hope that airlines, workplaces and public spaces in general will continue to screen people to make sure they do not have flu like symptoms.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I am in Wrexham now.  No one cares

i was in Scunthorpe yesterday.  No one cared

I wasn't too far from Scunthorpe, in Lincoln, for 3 or 4 days. I'd have said probably 75%+ wearing masks inside shops, about 5-15% in the street. Compared to what I would estimate as 15% in shops here, 1% in street.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not all over the news like it used to be though is it.

People don’t care anymore and even the UK press have lost interest.  Only here do we still persist in banging on about it because people are still stuck in the stupid elimination mindset.

COVID 19 is now part of life the same as flu always has been.  Get used to it

Yeah, nowhere to be found.

Front page of BBC news?

image.thumb.png.40c77007b9023917649c340898bd3a74.png

image.thumb.png.176fed84701437d5b043aed8df9165b3.pngFront page of the Guardian

Front page of Sky News?

image.thumb.png.55545d07a907312ce080b7c5803db12c.png

• Thanks 1