IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You only have to look at UK and IoM extremely high infection levels and high vaccination levels and compare them with much lower, and reducing,  infection levels in most of Europe, where distancing and mask wearing mitigation are still in place, and sometimes vaccination levels lower than ours,  to answer your question.

Mask wearing, numbers limitation and distancing work. And are they really an imposition. I’ve been in Spain for a month, I’m off to Bulgaria next week. Compliance isn’t an issue.

Thing is, John, if you look at our new daily cases, the majority are pretty much unvaccinated kids.  But very few are getting seriously ill or dying. 

The media sponsored government proper gander is now  changing to flu vaccines, scaring people about dual infection. The thing is, there is no flu. It is about the NHS. Not the flu. But, why are they lying? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Thing is, John, if you look at our new daily cases, the majority are pretty much unvaccinated kids.  But very few are getting seriously ill or dying. 

The media sponsored government proper gander is now  changing to flu vaccines, scaring people about dual infection. The thing is, there is no flu. It is about the NHS. Not the flu. But, why are they lying? 

So why aren’t we vaccinating kids and dual dosing at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Who knows.

We are vaccinating under 12 for flu and over 12s for covid.

In reality they aren’t at any risk from either

The inconsistencies are legion and staggering.

Manx entry requirements are so odd. I’ve been in Spain a month. I went back to London for a long weekend on 30/9. I had to have a pre flight LFT and a day 2 PCR. I could have flown home ( in transit ) and not bothered with the PCR, or any test.

The IoM is not alone. Prior to 10/10 Brits couldn’t enter Bulgaria directly. I could fly from Spain with just a declaration. Now all Brits can enter as long as they’re double vaccinated and take a pre flight PCR. Doesn’t matter where you’re flying from or how long you’ve been there. I’m flying to BG on Tuesday with Spanish friends. They don’t need the PCR.

The kids thing seems to demonstrate poor communication by NHS or government. Kids are a major vector of transmission between households, catching at school and taking it home. It makes sense to vaccinate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I wore masks more than was required when people weren’t vaccinated and we were trying to eliminate it.

Now people are vaccinated who need to be, and we are living with it.

Continuing to force mitigation measures into people for years to come when those who want to have already protected themselves as best they can is no way for any of us to live.

We need to crack on and enjoy life which lets face it, could end tomorrow for any of us.

We need to crack in & enjoy life safely. Not sacrifice people for the imaginary harms of masks, & other mitigations 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you and many others think we should be taking mitigation measures  up when the rest of Britain (apart from the looney Scots) have concluded it isn’t necessary and we have higher vaccination levels?

For a start we have much higher levels per capita than UK, which has more cases than the entire EU. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not all over the news like it used to be though is it.

People don’t care anymore and even the UK press have lost interest.  Only here do we still persist in banging on about it because people are still stuck in the stupid elimination mindset.

COVID 19 is now part of life the same as flu always has been.  Get used to it

Only here & every European country except the failed state next door 

Just now, momo65 said:

For a start we have much higher levels per capita than UK, which has more cases than the entire EU. 

So what?  The hospital isn’t full and people aren’t dropping dead.

Our high cases are largely because we lived in a bubble for ages and didn’t develop any natural immunity in the kids.  That will soon sort itself out.

Is anywhere else in Britain currently making kids work from home?  Genuine question as I don’t know.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Our high cases are largely because we lived in a bubble for ages and didn’t develop any natural immunity in the kids.  That will soon sort itself out.

Is anywhere else in Britain currently making kids work from home?  Genuine question as I don’t know.

Give it time. It is rising in hospital 

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you use the worst example in Europe to compare with? 

Yes there are places in Britain making kids stay at home. Widely reported last week

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you and many others think we should be taking mitigation measures up when the rest of Britain (apart from the looney Scots) have concluded it isn’t necessary and we have higher vaccination levels?

Where are you getting this idea that the rest of Britain has concluded it isn't necessary? Is this really the case?

32 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not all over the news like it used to be though is it.

It is if you're interested and bother to look.

People don’t care anymore and even the UK press have lost interest.

You're making things up. See above.

Only here do we still persist in banging on about it because people are still stuck in the stupid elimination mindset.

You're the one banging on about it, and not only on here. No one I know is stuck in some stupid elimination mindset. Maybe about 5 of them...

COVID 19 is now part of life the same as flu always has been. Get used to it

People are getting used to it because there's no other choice, we don't need to be told nor badgered for not doing things as quick as you'd like. You insist on comparing it to 'flu but this is an imprecise equivalency, means nothing.

26 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Who cares?

Many people care.

I am not bothered by the current levels and neither are the UK.

Really? Where are the statistics or polls which might help with this claim?

If people are jabbed then why restrict our lives ?

Why are you even asking the question? Restrictions are easing but the future is unpredictable and caution should continue to be exercised, come next spring we'll have a better idea. Get used to it.

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Thing is, John, if you look at our new daily cases, the majority are pretty much unvaccinated kids. But very few are getting seriously ill or dying.

Up to now, and hopefully it shall remain this way. Take nothing for granted.

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

The media sponsored government proper gander is now changing to flu vaccines, scaring people about dual infection. The thing is, there is no flu. It is about the NHS. Not the flu. But, why are they lying? 

Claptrap...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

Reported today Italy has one of the lowest rates of infection in Europe now and their economy is gathering good momentum. Place to go for hols.

High level of natural immunity because they got clobbered early doors.

We locked ourselves away, but will get there eventually

59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

There is flu, you can find that lineages of it have been significantly hampered by COVID precautions, but it's still out there.

The paper here discussed how much that impact has been. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-021-00642-4

figure1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1