IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

For anyone interested (probably none of you) after this announcement on Monday my daughter reports that only a handful of kids are wearing masks although all the teachers now are which makes hearing what they re saying very difficult.

People don’t care.  None of the parent appear to be telling their kids to wear masks.

Of course your child may be telling you what you want to hear 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ask any child or anyone who works in the school. Or any of the support staff who visit the school regularly.  Any of the staff from the various other government agencies who go in there every day.  Ask the bloke who fixes the computer.

A tiny percentage of kids are wearing masks.  Not sure why idiots on here assume everything is what it very clearly isn’t.

Go an have a look at home time or lunch break.  The kids aren’t all walking out and taking their masks off, there is barely a mask to be seen even on the buses

32 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ask any child or anyone who works in the school. Or any of the support staff who visit the school regularly.  Any of the staff from the various other government agencies who go in there every day.  Ask the bloke who fixes the computer.

A tiny percentage of kids are wearing masks.  Not sure why idiots on here assume everything is what it very clearly isn’t.

Go an have a look at home time or lunch break.  The kids aren’t all walking out and taking their masks off, there is barely a mask to be seen even on the buses

I did ask my child. He has noticed only one of his teachers and two pupils in his class of 30 wearing a mask. He asked his friend why he was wearing a mask, and he said his parents told him to because they didn’t want any isolation to ruin their forthcoming holiday.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

I did ask my child. He has noticed only one of his teachers and two pupils in his class of 30 wearing a mask. He asked his friend why he was wearing a mask, and he said his parents told him to because they didn’t want any isolation to ruin their forthcoming holiday.

that's priorities for you

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

If the extent of their mitigation is "wear a mask", when the only study of public mask wearing shows they make no difference, then they're screwed anyway.

What a load of rubbish mask wearing cuts down infections enormously, you get your science on Facebook

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Moan moan moan, I went online to book an appointment for the mini hippy 11 days ago. Followed the "Do not call us we'll be in touch" instructions. As we're going to the UK at the end of the month I started to get a little worried about time frames so I called 111 today - 18th November is the first appointment - WTAF use is that? 

My friend phoned today and got an appointment for today and reported that the vaccination place was empty, what is going on? 

Not good enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Moan moan moan, I went online to book an appointment for the mini hippy 11 days ago. Followed the "Do not call us we'll be in touch" instructions. As we're going to the UK at the end of the month I started to get a little worried about time frames so I called 111 today - 18th November is the first appointment - WTAF use is that? 

My friend phoned today and got an appointment for today and reported that the vaccination place was empty, what is going on? 

Not good enough.

The Grandstand testing centre is always closed now when I pass there at 13:30 was always a few cars up until a few weeks ago, think they have just stopped testing really

• Like 1

The current situation on the Isle of Man is a direct consequence of our long suppression strategy. It is clear that all those previous efforts have led to a situation where actually very few people have had contact with the virus, and that until many more have case rates will remain high. Claims of previous 'widespread transmission' now appear false. We're in it now, and efforts to further suppress are broadly pointless. The rate at which it appears school kids have been infected this latest wave should begin to slow, because it will run out of people to infect. This is also likely to happen in the UK very soon. 

It's a big transition wave and all the kids getting infected will ultimately have a net benefit.

Some people accurately predicted that what is happening was going to happen. Sadly they also predicted a period of heightened excess death rates, old people die all the time, some of them this winter will get covid on their death certificate instead of pneumonia, or old age, or whatever. The vaccines are super effective though, so those rates shouldn't be too high. It's that word 'too' that causes people issues.

Really, the government and people just need to hold their nerve.

Another observation is about people and 'class'. If you were to do some demographics, look for stereotypes etc you would find that generally the anti/hoaxers are thick, but those who most call for restrictions are not. The pandemic has exposed all kinds of problems in society and has of course disproportionately affected the poor. Those most vocal, demanding the government ACT are generally fairly well off, older, educated, professional, home owners with gardens, the people who can afford to live through a pandemic. They will tell you it is selfish not to wear a mask, but really they are the most selfish of all. The safest too. Noone will ever talk about sick pay, it is amazing that this far in it hasn't been revolutionised. All those people on min wage/zero hours who do all the shelf stacking or delivering allowing you to live your safe life don't get sick pay. The government hasn't done anything about it because the pressure from the middle classes isn't there. Because they don't care.

None of them can remember what it is to be a child either.

Here's a stat for you all - In the UK over the last month not a single vaccinated person under 50 died of covid, and only 1 under 60. If you're getting on a bit you should definitely take up the offer of a booster when it comes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The current situation on the Isle of Man is a direct consequence of our long suppression strategy. It is clear that all those previous efforts have led to a situation where actually very few people have had contact with the virus, and that until many more have case rates will remain high. Claims of previous 'widespread transmission' now appear false. We're in it now, and efforts to further suppress are broadly pointless. The rate at which it appears school kids have been infected this latest wave should begin to slow, because it will run out of people to infect. This is also likely to happen in the UK very soon. 

It's a big transition wave and all the kids getting infected will ultimately have a net benefit.

Some people accurately predicted that what is happening was going to happen. Sadly they also predicted a period of heightened excess death rates, old people die all the time, some of them this winter will get covid on their death certificate instead of pneumonia, or old age, or whatever. The vaccines are super effective though, so those rates shouldn't be too high. It's that word 'too' that causes people issues.

Really, the government and people just need to hold their nerve.

Another observation is about people and 'class'. If you were to do some demographics, look for stereotypes etc you would find that generally the anti/hoaxers are thick, but those who most call for restrictions are not. The pandemic has exposed all kinds of problems in society and has of course disproportionately affected the poor. Those most vocal, demanding the government ACT are generally fairly well off, older, educated, professional, home owners with gardens, the people who can afford to live through a pandemic. They will tell you it is selfish not to wear a mask, but really they are the most selfish of all. The safest too. Noone will ever talk about sick pay, it is amazing that this far in it hasn't been revolutionised. All those people on min wage/zero hours who do all the shelf stacking or delivering allowing you to live your safe life don't get sick pay. The government hasn't done anything about it because the pressure from the middle classes isn't there. Because they don't care.

None of them can remember what it is to be a child either.

Here's a stat for you all - In the UK over the last month not a single vaccinated person under 50 died of covid, and only 1 under 60. If you're getting on a bit you should definitely take up the offer of a booster when it comes. 

Missed you TP, where've you been? 

• Like 1