IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Bloody hell.  This Walter actually got elected and from some of his fb posts it would seem he is pro more mitigation and restrictions.

I fear a very difficult Christmas for hospitality.  Are most places cracking on with Christmas party etc?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-could-need-plan-b-sooner-rather-than-later/?fbclid=IwAR2ZlhGBjKE6Y90XWRrCmPAbZrG6WNAYxq9rkFhIcYqV2Fns29d-8V2JCBE

Pandering to all the Karen's in his constituency. It would be nice if our elected officials possessed more than a brain cell to use some independant critical thought themselves. However judging by the latest intake that's asking a bit too much. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Pandering to all the Karen's in his constituency. It would be nice if our elected officials possessed more than a brain cell to use some independant critical thought themselves. However judging by the latest intake that's asking a bit too much. 

Getting fed up of exactly this.

The positive thing is that Cannan is in the pocket of the Chamber of Commerce and also isn't very bright. So if they push him to keep the economy open and the wheels of commerce turning it should hopefully stop the doom mongers in their tracks in their wish to lock down and hide behind the curtains again. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Some light reading for you all, please do so.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1451945802646138887.html

Good. Thank you.

On a side note, why don't these so-styled influencers run a spell/grammar checker? Even as they write. Poor spelling, typos and grammar detract from an otherwise informative piece.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Bloody hell.  This Walter actually got elected and from some of his fb posts it would seem he is pro more mitigation and restrictions.

I fear a very difficult Christmas for hospitality.  Are most places cracking on with Christmas party etc?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-could-need-plan-b-sooner-rather-than-later/?fbclid=IwAR2ZlhGBjKE6Y90XWRrCmPAbZrG6WNAYxq9rkFhIcYqV2Fns29d-8V2JCBE

He easily topped the poll in Castletown....yep, topped the poll. Even the media political pundits and who would have had their eye on politics this past 5 years were forecasting that.

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

On a side note, why don't these so-styled influencers run a spell/grammar checker? Even as they write. Poor spelling, typos and grammar detract from an otherwise informative piece.

It's just a collated twitter thread rather than an actual piece. I'm not sure he'd describe himself as an 'influencer' either.

Glad you read it. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

It's just a collated twitter thread rather than an actual piece. I'm not sure he'd describe himself as an 'influencer' either.

Glad you read it. 

Read it an enjoyed it and it was a good appraisal of the situation, and thankfully was not too K-centric.

The BBC and others has for the last 6 months or so tended to move away from the global situation and comparison charts. I'm not sure why that should be, but we need to know figures in context with the rest of the world and alongside the measures other countries are taking. 

People are taking this too seriously at the mo. What is the opposite of doom mongers? There must be a word, people seem to be self identifying against their polar opposite - the doommonger. So what are they identifying themselves as?  More a curiosity question really. I dont identify as either. I will say though, that if we do somehow end up back in a lockdown by christmas, it wont be the fault of the doomers, more the fault of the polar opposite of doomers, which i dont have an identifying word for yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I will say though, that if we do somehow end up back in a lockdown by christmas, it wont be the fault of the doomers, more the fault of the polar opposite of doomers, which i dont have an identifying word for yet.

If we end up back in lockdown it will absolutely be the fault of the doomers for pressuring their government into taking a needless and retrograde step.

And the term you are looking for is realist.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

People are taking this too seriously at the mo. What is the opposite of doom mongers? There must be a word, people seem to be self identifying against their polar opposite - the doommonger. So what are they identifying themselves as?  More a curiosity question really. I dont identify as either. I will say though, that if we do somehow end up back in a lockdown by christmas, it wont be the fault of the doomers, more the fault of the polar opposite of doomers, which i dont have an identifying word for yet.

Antidoommongeryarienist

You are welcome.  Feel free to bandy it about as much as you like.