IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 hours ago, Danoo said:

I have no idea why we are still persisting with these silly border controls now if it is rampant throughout the community. Have we created another army of jobs now for the public purse such that it can't be tamed? 

It’s a control thing and governments like that . I think sadly that passenger locator forms are here to stay. Daft thing is you can put any old address in as no one checks. That is how stupid governments and their idiot rules are. That Grant Shapps nut has to be the next sacked I hope. Shortly followed by Boris who really is a numpty of the highest order. I don’t mind rules , but they have to be logical , sensible ( and enforceable ).

So how is the investigation going to find out who dumped the Lateral flow tests ?   I have been told delivery drivers get paid per delivery, obviously not the P.O. so who else was delivering them ?   I have heard an interesting story but will the official investigation ever disclose the truth of the matter or will this go under that very lumpy carpet.   It was disclosed today that it cost £95,000 up to now to fund deliveries, obviously online deliveries and possibly bulk deliveries to chemists and other outlets it did not give a a breakdown.   The actual cost of the tests were a fraction of this amount.

12 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh...

There's really not enough about the importance of transmission in what we're doing. Throw your mask away to save the human race.

I know it makes sense. However it seems a strange thing that it's good to catch the disease to reduce the chance of you getting the disease. 😕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I know it makes sense. However it seems a strange thing that it's good to catch the disease to reduce the chance of you getting the disease. 😕

The only thing 'special' about this virus is that we had never met it before. Normally it would be a relatively benign infection because you'd have had it 3 times as a child, giving you the necessary protection for when you are older. All the vaccine immunity has been about recreating those conditions quickly. 

Of course, if you try and explain that kids are supposed to get infected you open yourself up to tons of abuse for wanting kids to die.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh...

There's really not enough about the importance of transmission in what we're doing. Throw your mask away to save the human race.

• Like 1

Just now, Happier diner said:

Catch the virus to reduce the chance of getting the disease*

(I'm sure you already know that).

46 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The only thing 'special' about this virus is that we had never met it before. Normally it would be a relatively benign infection because you'd have had it 3 times as a child, giving you the necessary protection for when you are older. All the vaccine immunity has been about recreating those conditions quickly. 

Of course, if you try and explain that kids are supposed to get infected you open yourself up to tons of abuse for wanting kids to die.

So when do we wean ourselves off vaccine-derived immunity and let nature take over?

Just now, TheTeapot said:

I'm not sure I understand that question.

Well with the need for boosters now it indicates that vaccine-derived immunity wanes after a period of time, shorter than many anticipated it would. At some stage it would be sensible to let natural, broad spectrum immunity take over, much like we have with the common cold to date, so we get a stable level of immunity across the population and over time it becomes just another relatively benign member of the coronavirus family. Otherwise we'll be relying on boosters for eternity. 

9 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Well with the need for boosters now it indicates that vaccine-derived immunity wanes after a period of time, shorter than many anticipated it would. At some stage it would be sensible to let natural, broad spectrum immunity take over, much like we have with the common cold to date, so we get a stable level of immunity across the population and over time it becomes just another relatively benign member of the coronavirus family. Otherwise we'll be relying on boosters for eternity. 

I would have thought that by next year it will just go in with the flu jab for those that have it

Just now, Danoo said:

Oh, I see. I don't know how much you know, but here's my simplified explanation. 

The problem is that for adults, because this is a novel virus, they haven't had childhood infections for it, so the body hasn't built up over time a resilient response through the T/B cell actions. 

The vaccine trains your immune system to respond to something new, and floods your system with these new antibodies. These are a temporary measure, float around your blood for a few months keeping guard and then retire. That's the waning bit. But now, your body is primed to respond, and a new infection will trigger the memory cells to send out the troops again. So the waning effect is seen most in your likelihood of a symptomatic infection  a few months post vaccination, cos the antibodies aren't immediately there anymore, the evidence shows that you are still unlikely to get a severe infection because the memory cells that the vaccine has trained kick into action. It's just a bit slower than having your blood full of antibodies.

The other human coronaviruses all act like this, regular exposure in childhood (its believed all 4 operate on a roughly 3 year cycle) primes you for the rest of your life. 

In answer to your question, when, I don't know, couple of years for everyone to have got infected I guess. And some time to convince those who think this is the worst virus ever to get over themselves.

• Thanks 1