IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Potentially big news, had been speculated on by people for a while. Keeps with the theory that this virus is just another cold and that regular infection by common respiratory viruses when young is a good thing

Guardian article https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/10/people-exposed-to-covid-yet-not-falling-ill-may-have-immune-memory-finds-study

Twitter thread and study from the authors 

Yes, it is a good thing, but that was half the point of the vaccination. T-Cell memory for when antibodies diminish. I can kind of see the reasoning for the current booster program, to reinforce the T-Cells and antibodies. Bu after that, what is the point? 

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, it is a good thing, but that was half the point of the vaccination. T-Cell memory for when antibodies diminish. I can kind of see the reasoning for the current booster program, to reinforce the T-Cells and antibodies. Bu after that, what is the point? 

Depends how well it sets in I guess. The vaccines give a huge antibody response for a few months before that wanes, giving a higher chance of infection. but the other methods also seem to be working at mounting a resilient response longer than that, which is the good news. They reckon the other coronaviruses infect around 70% of a population every 3 years. That's a lot of acquired immunity the vaccines are trying to make up for in an average 60 year old. 

15 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Potentially big news, had been speculated on by people for a while. Keeps with the theory that this virus is just another cold and that regular infection by common respiratory viruses when young is a good thing

Guardian article https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/10/people-exposed-to-covid-yet-not-falling-ill-may-have-immune-memory-finds-study

Twitter thread and study from the authors 

Just got around to reading this.

Here's what happened to me.... I'm pretty sure I got CV in early Feb 2020 whilst travelling abroad, had a raging headache and temperature but no cough and at the time I thought it was the flu. Lasted for about 3 days.

Got back home and in early April 2020 (during lockdown) I had excruciating arthritic type pain in my hands, elbows and shoulders. Called the GP who suggested that it was a viral infection (that was a "no shit Sherlock" moment for me!). Over the next couple of weeks I had a series of blood tests done and at the request of the GP also had the voluntary CV antibody test.... which came back negative. The GP suggested that might not be unusual as not everyone who succumbs to a virus will create antibodies.

Since then I've not had a sniffle, cough, cold or any arthritic pain. Have been out and about in UK/IOM for best part of the last 5 months (in some enclosed areas, bars etc that most would avoid under the circumstances) and so far managed to avoid CV. So it seems my T cells have been doing what they were designed by nature to do.

It's all in the T cells, so to speak.

And the 2 x vaccines, of course.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Just got around to reading this.

Here's what happened to me.... I'm pretty sure I got CV in early Feb 2020 whilst travelling abroad, had a raging headache and temperature but no cough and at the time I thought it was the flu. Lasted for about 3 days.

Got back home and in early April 2020 (during lockdown) I had excruciating arthritic type pain in my hands, elbows and shoulders. Called the GP who suggested that it was a viral infection (that was a "no shit Sherlock" moment for me!). Over the next couple of weeks I had a series of blood tests done and at the request of the GP also had the voluntary CV antibody test.... which came back negative. The GP suggested that might not be unusual as not everyone who succumbs to a virus will create antibodies.

Since then I've not had a sniffle, cough, cold or any arthritic pain. Have been out and about in UK/IOM for best part of the last 5 months (in some enclosed areas, bars etc that most would avoid under the circumstances) and so far managed to avoid CV. So it seems my T cells have been doing what they were designed by nature to do.

It's all in the T cells, so to speak.

And the 2 x vaccines, of course.

That could be an "I've just jinxed myself moment" right there

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Any screenshots of Doom-coven comments? Can't say I've met many such people...

Search the hashtag #plagueisland on Twitter and you'll literally be balls deep in the fucking halfwits.

Led by illuminati such as Steve Burrows & John Wardle, championed by ex-local rozzer Dudley Butt & whipped into a jizz filled frenzy by the seemingly menopausal Glover.

It's a smorgasbord of wrist slashing depressive tripe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Search the hashtag #plagueisland on Twitter and you'll literally be balls deep in the fucking halfwits.

Led by illuminati such as Steve Burrows & John Wardle, championed by ex-local rozzer Dudley Butt & whipped into a jizz filled frenzy by the seemingly menopausal Glover.

That’s some top quality prose you’ve written there 😀

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes I see Dudley Butt & others were tweeting Hooper to complain that they weren’t contact traced after being close to a confirmed case even though they had no symptoms etc 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

How Wandavision Sets Up DOCTOR DOOM In Doctor Strange 2 - YouTube