IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

57 minutes ago, Danoo said:

He doesn't bother me as I don't use Twitter and I didn't even know who he was until earlier this evening, but his doomsday cult can attract impressionable minds and also scare the living daylights out of the older generation, many of whom have been mentally scarred the past 18 months and will likely live out their final years in relative isolation because of this.

The danger is that their minority view is then taken as being that of the wider GMP.

Take this for example. One of the Doom Coven posters Lawrie Hooper and now Contact Tracing is back on the agenda (link to the Coven on Twitter in the article) 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/contact-tracing-delays-a-concern-but-are-being-investigated/

In the real world most people have now just moved on. If they get ill they take an LFT and let people who they've been in contact with know.  If people are worried about having it with no symptoms they take a twice weekly LFT. No fuss or bother - of course that's not good enough for the moon-howling Coven members. They demand Government intrudes into our lives once again. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why do you need to be contacted of you already know you have been close to a case ffs?

We are all close to people who would test positive if tested all the time.  Get over it and take responsibility for yourselves.

Don’t tell us……go tell them on Twitter 🤪😎🥳

#plagueisland

Edited by 747-400
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well this whole crisis has pushed a lot of people over the edge. A whole doomsday cult seems to have formed around shared covid interests and obsessions and common values. They probably should have given up at least nine months ago. They’re now just eke-ing out unneeded notoriety in a Count Binface sort of way.

Bunch of cults 

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hmm. Our new health minister "I think covid contact tracing will be with us for some time - just because of the nature of the virus"

This is an unfortunate statement.

After he previously said to Butt we’re not doing contact tracing anymore!

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The press can’t help themselves. Let’s whip up a Karen frenzy. 

275C7D64-BCB3-4313-A9F4-98AE523BD625.jpeg

That’s a pretty awful headline. I guess they have to try all the sensationalist crap to get people to read it.

In other news - turns out the Courier is still a thing?  I had assumed it died years ago when I last saw one.

How do they make money now? Surely people don’t pay to advertise in something nobody reads?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Manx radio we’re interviewing some people in the street & one person said we should have a strict lockdown with a few others saying make masks mandatory 

Another was saying that there should be stricter border restrictions.   These people all seem to have one thing in common  - the older generation, probably in receipt of a pension so why should they give a flying f*ck for the economy?

• Like 4