IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

So wrong! You really don’t want to be bumping into the girlfriend or wife in there.

Much better to have to travel to a part of the island where less people know you.

Is that place near the Bus stop back to Douglas?  Would be handy to pop into on your way home. 

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Aren't laws generally put in place to control the stupid, loud and vocal few

No, look at the mass of legislation enacted over the past 40 years that has been put in place by politicians who pander to the 'anything for a quiet life' principle, at the same time as covering their asses by 'being seen to be doing something' - all brought to the fore by the stupid, loud and vocal few given disproportionately prominence by a liberal, like-minded media.

It is the sensible majority, getting on with their lives, who have to take the garbage pumped out by the minorities - in the main because they are too polite to tell the freaks to go and sling their hooks.

21 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Hmm. Our new health minister "I think covid contact tracing will be with us for some time - just because of the nature of the virus"

This is an unfortunate statement.

There are lots of infectious diseases which require contact tracing and input to trace the source of an outbreak. Campylobacter, E.coli 0157, Listeria to name a few. Just because they haven't made the headlines in the past doesn't mean that contact tracing and tracking of cases doesn't happen. It just means you never realised this stuff went on routinely before. I don't see any of the "anti-COVID doom coven" calling for contact tracing and testing for those diseases to be stopped, in the same way you appear to call for COVID contact tracing and testing to be stopped? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I cannot remove Ashford from that mental picture so will have to keep the sticky stuff to myself. 

Ashie probably has that original gum machine at home in his mastabatorium, sucking all that badness out.

Probably an effective shredder too.

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I think Hooper may be okay he will have a very different approach from the past few ministers of health, he has already been around the hospital engaging with staff and hopefully listening.   It is a hell of a job and the most important, in my view, of all the departments.   Good health is everything in this crazy world it is the enabling tool to survive and enjoy life.

You won't find good health in a hospital. He'd be much better served attempting to start a bottoms up initiative on educating our schoolchildren on what it takes to attain good health in the first place.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rachomics said:

There are lots of infectious diseases which require contact tracing and input to trace the source of an outbreak. Campylobacter, E.coli 0157, Listeria to name a few. Just because they haven't made the headlines in the past doesn't mean that contact tracing and tracking of cases doesn't happen. It just means you never realised this stuff went on routinely before. I don't see any of the "anti-COVID doom coven" calling for contact tracing and testing for those diseases to be stopped, in the same way you appear to call for COVID contact tracing and testing to be stopped? 

Shouldn't you be playing to your cult on Twitter rather than stooping as low as to correspond with the mysogynists on here?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Danoo said:

You won't find good health in a hospital. He'd be much better served attempting to start a bottoms up initiative on educating our schoolchildren on what it takes to attain good health in the first place.

Isn't that public health and education rather than DHSC