IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You know the Frankie Goes to Hollywood song “welcome to the Pleasure Dome”

That has now been replaced in my head with “ Welcome to the masturbatorium”

Never mind going to sleep early, not sure I will ever sleep again.

It’ll never catch on. It doesn’t scan. 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think you’ll find that one of the issues is that leading doomsters we’re clearly regular posters on here at some stage and so the tables seem to have turned looking back through this very long thread as they aren’t hard to identify from equally hysterical tweets of they same vintage. As Andy Warhol said - in the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes - and as such she is well past her Christmas 2020 sell-by date. 

Except for the fact she's right.

Track and Trace is a waste of time without genomics.

What is your understanding of how genomics helps Track and Trace?

Do you know why IOMG dropped genomics?

Waiting....

• Confused 1

No, no, you don't get PK's MO.  He is a small intellect hoping to grow into a big one. 

The simple answer to his question is that genomics is well out of the window now.  It would  have been useful early on to track the passage of the virus.  It was abandoned.  Now, all we seem to be doing is giving people the heads up that they may be infected.  Not sure that has any value, TBH, let alone using genomics. 

I supported using genomics last year as I thought it was very useful to track how the virus spread at a time when infections were quite low and we were on an eradication path.

It is everywhere now so who really cares where it came from? Even where it goes is less important as the likelihood seems that most of us will be exposed to it at some point. 

It is now like trying to keep a track of dandelion clocks.  They are everywhere, some germinate and produce more seeds,  some never produce flowers, some never germinate at all. 

Time to stop obsessing, IMO, and broaden concern and care for all the other things that cause premature death. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

OMG!! 😂😂😂

47F69DF8-BB31-475B-8DE4-9073E617FDAB.jpeg

Utterly bizarre behaviour, I only know of 4 people by their actual names/occupations on this forum, I tend to give them more respect because I know they are a true account rather than a potential sock puppet. I firmly supported Rachel right up until the point she showed her true colours and decided to tar all anon account holders with the same brush. As an example if Wrighty posts anything medical/Nobles related I tend to accept it as fact, but that mainly stems from his many posts where he takes the time to explain, he doesn’t have the attitude that everyone should simply bow down to his superior knowledge, whereas had it been an anon account who said they were a surgeon I’d be less likely to believe that because it can’t be considered as fact. Perhaps the only exception in my mind being the few airline pilots we have here, whilst not identified by name, they generally post stuff that either only a pilot or a serial plane spotter would know, either way they are knowledgeable and believable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I don’t generally engage with doomsters so you may be waiting quite some time for the answer to your statements (they aren’t questions) 

Thanks for the confirmation. But you might at least have tried to understand genomics...

I'm not a doomster. But I do understand the obvious. Science has done an amazing job at trying to reduce the UK fatality rate. Still unfortunately the highest in Europe.

I was on the first ferry where it was two jabs and no testing or isolation. Every crossing before that there were folks who had the virus. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that it was probably the same for that crossing.

I'm sure that if everyone on that boat had to have a test within 24 hours of arrival those carrying the virus would have been singled out without any real inconvenience to the rest of us.

This was not done. Which I'm sure was music to the ears of the "let it rip" brigade. The thing is science has now given us Paxlovid and Molnupiravir which may well have saved lives after the borders were opened.

I guess we'll never know....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, no, you don't get PK's MO.  He is a small intellect hoping to grow into a big one. 

The simple answer to his question is that genomics is well out of the window now.  It would  have been useful early on to track the passage of the virus.  It was abandoned.  Now, all we seem to be doing is giving people the heads up that they may be infected.  Not sure that has any value, TBH, let alone using genomics. 

I supported using genomics last year as I thought it was very useful to track how the virus spread at a time when infections were quite low and we were on an eradication path.

It is everywhere now so who really cares where it came from? Even where it goes is less important as the likelihood seems that most of us will be exposed to it at some point. 

It is now like trying to keep a track of dandelion clocks.  They are everywhere, some germinate and produce more seeds,  some never produce flowers, some never germinate at all. 

Time to stop obsessing, IMO, and broaden concern and care for all the other things that cause premature death. 

Posterity needs this...

Just now, P.K. said:

Posterity needs this...

Thought you had me on ignore.

Posterity needs a bit of realism.  Ideally, I would like to see the end of covid, more importantly the measures to curb it.  But, we are past that now.  If we don't have a tax generating economy, we don't have a functioning health service (which is already pretty battered).

So, keep it for posterity, whatever that means. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Except for the fact she's right.

Track and Trace is a waste of time without genomics.

What is your understanding of how genomics helps Track and Trace?

Do you know why IOMG dropped genomics?

Waiting....

The vast majority of contact tracing has been dropped since the restrictions were lifted, so genomics aren’t remotely on the radar any more. Yes they should have been used to the full potential during our containment strategy but right now it would be useless because the spread is far and wide.

Let’s be honest we’ve faired rather well with our uncontrolled spread, certainly better than any scientist thought we would.

• Thanks 1