IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

42 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

So rather than restrict a group of people who can do something about their situation, we should restrict a (much larger) group who can't.  Anything else would be 'tyranny' apparently.

Why does there have to be restrictions on anyone anymore; boosted, vaxxed, part-vaxxed or unvaxxed.

• Like 4

The English App has started to upload data for 3rd doses ( for the immunocompromised ) and booster doses for double vaxxed who get a booster after 5/6 months. This will allow entry into certain countries, or entry into public venues in others, which require last dose to be within 6 months.

How long until the Manx data is uploaded?

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

So rather than restrict a group of people who can do something about their situation, we should restrict a (much larger) group who can't.  Anything else would be 'tyranny' apparently.

Like so many comment on here (and elsewhere on social media) this rather reminds me of a toddler having a screaming fit.  They want to make sure every one knows how very, very upset they are, even if they're not sure why.

Isn’t that the point of a forum?

To let people know (repeatedly in my case) what utter lunacy these COVID policies are?

You are in the herd, I get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I , to be honest have a bit of sympathy for the football teams argument . They have been in the league for along time and with no issues travelling to games or teams travelling to them. Then along comes FC IOM which requires travel to another jurisdiction . Wonder what was said to these teams regarding travel to fufill fixtures ? . And of course no such limits on FC IOM travelling over there . See there game in just over a week is off now to for it seems the same reason.  

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

I , to be honest have a bit of sympathy for the football teams argument . They have been in the league for along time and with no issues travelling to games or teams travelling to them. Then along comes FC IOM which requires travel to another jurisdiction . Wonder what was said to these teams regarding travel to fufill fixtures ? . And of course no such limits on FC IOM travelling over there . See there game in just over a week is off now to for it seems the same reason.  

But don’t they get free travel to IOM as part of deal, same as visiting rugby teams ? Haven’t seen the rugby teams whining about vaccinations requirements 

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

But don’t they get free travel to IOM as part of deal, same as visiting rugby teams ? Haven’t seen the rugby teams whining about vaccinations requirements 

Football teams do who play FC IOM but its a very structured league while there hasnt been very many Rugby teams visiting. Count on one hand I think. Someone will know on here I'm sure.

Edited by Numbnuts

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s been an issue for a while. Especially as most of the younger players in any team are unlikely to be double vaxxed so basically they can’t come to the IOM and play on the same day of arrival. Makes you wonder why on earth our government still thinks it’s 2020. No wonder there are big doubts still being cast over the TT too. 

TT … Ha … the landing forms 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

These remaining border restrictions as highlighted by the football are a total embarrassment meant.

Why, when we are pretty much back to normal, are people still being kept out.

It continues to cause us issues at work and there is no sign of common sense kicking in.

Madness.

Surely the only ones that can't get in are probably the ones who think it's all a big con anyway.

Are we really missing out on their charms?

• Like 1