IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Gladys said:

We have flu jabs each year, I expect it will be the same for Covid. 

Gladys: neither you, I or any 'expert' has the faintest idea what the long term affects of these RNA shots (they are not vaccines in the original meaning of the term).  This is not live culture that is being injected but genetic material that goes to work on the very fabric of our beings; our DNA.

This is a huge experiment that has been rushed through largely to save the arses of the political elites around the globe.  It might have no long term negative affects on the vast majority; then again, the results 5, 10 or 20 years into the future might CV itself look like a non-event.

In any event, you, Gladys, must retain the right to refuse injection.  I am shocked at the draconian and authoritarian measures that are being taken on the continent - because where does State control end when it is so easily manipulated by intellectually bankrupt politicians?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Gladys: neither you, I or any 'expert' has the faintest idea what the long term affects of these RNA shots (they are not vaccines in the original meaning of the term).  This is not live culture that is being injected but genetic material that goes to work on the very fabric of our beings; our DNA.

This is a huge experiment that has been rushed through largely to save the arses of the political elites around the globe.  It might have no long term negative affects on the vast majority; then again, the results 5, 10 or 20 years into the future might CV itself look like a non-event.

In any event, you, Gladys, must retain the right to refuse injection.  I am shocked at the draconian and authoritarian measures that are being taken on the continent - because where does State control end when it is so easily manipulated by intellectually bankrupt politicians?

If you get covid, please don't beg the NHS to help you if you didn't have the vaccination

Edited by snowman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

No it doesn’t “go to work on the very fabric of our DNA”. A basic biological understanding is enough to disprove nonsense like that. 

mRNA vaccines are remarkably simple as a concept. It is simply a series of instructions to make a protein. That is it. Said protein looks like the spike protein on the COVID virus. There is no bearing on your DNA at all.

Interestingly, viruses can change the very fabric of your being, we have a number of inactive viruses in our DNA. But, we also share 60% of our DNA with bananas. Make of that what you will. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, snowman said:

If you get covid, please don't beg the NHS to help you if you didn't have the vaccination

I think some countries eg Singapore are making unvaccinated pay for health care if they need treatment for Covid, seems fair enough if they refuse protection 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Sorry, Utah, I think we have agreed on many things, but on this one I have to back vax. I do retain the right to refuse the vax, but do I really have the right (or knowledge) to say the harm of not being vaxed is worse than not having it?

Putting it very simply, I could not see my Mum in a nursing home home for three months.  We opened up and she died within two months. Covid didn't take her, but the measures then took time that was actually very precious.  To a degree, Covid did take her,  the effect of not having contact and the deterioration was evident.  She may well have been on that trajectory anyway, but we will never know.

I am more than happy to have the vax (even though it isn't a vax in the traditional sense) if it allows families to be together.  The locking away of the elderly and vulnerable has been shocking, some would say scandalous.  If it takes a vax to stop that, then so be it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Snowman - I have had my jabs and will (probably) have the booster but the indisputable truth is that the long-term affects of this injection are not known.  The 'trials' were rushed through in a fraction of the time a 'normal' vaccine would have to undergo trials for nothing more than for political expediency.

However (Gladys), I am not not backing the vax; I am simply suggesting that anyone who takes it is taking a step into the unknown as things stand.  The fact that the State is so kindly affording us freedoms that hitherto had been inherent is coercion and I ask again where, at the whim of any politician, does that coercion end?   The fact that you were finally  able to see your mother may have been thanks to the vax but it was also due the The State condescending to allow you to see her in their infinite largesse because you had, and I'll use the word 'succumbed' to their conditional demand - you take the vax and we'll let you see your mother.  If you are happy to condone a system that is basically blackmailing its populations in all manner of their lives, to the extent of depriving them of their livlihoods, then we might as well give up .  As an aside, I hadn't seen my mother since mid December 2019 thanks to lockdowns and travel restrictions; she died 3 days ago of a non-CV related cause.

And for our all-knowing acoustic friend - you spout forth most eloquently, authoritatively (and frequently patronisingly) on the scientific aspects of CV; perhaps, for the record, you'd list your scientific qualifications so that we can all rest easy.

Edited by Utah 01

1 hour ago, Banker said:

seems fair enough if they refuse protection 

I really do despair if your thinking has become that warped in 2 years.  Are we now going to start to apportion medical charges based on 'society's' perception of fault?  You haven't kept your tetanus jab up to date, you scratch yourself on something in the garden and end up being rushed into hospital with lockjaw - we'll all be pounding on the hospital door saying calling for you to have to pay for your treatment because you tetanus wasn't up to date.

As with State coercion, where does this madness end?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

That is crap it does not affect the DNA at all, RNA might be similar to DNA but in this instance the RNA is getting injected into your blood, it does not insert itself into the human cells so can not affect the DNA. All it does is promote the body to produce antigens against it.

I will list my Academic qualifications after seeing a later post, B,Sc Microbiology, M.Sc Brewing, Ph,D Biochemistry

Edited by alpha-acid
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

No it doesn’t “go to work on the very fabric of our DNA”. A basic biological understanding is enough to disprove nonsense like that. 

mRNA vaccines are remarkably simple as a concept. It is simply a series of instructions to make a protein. That is it. Said protein looks like the spike protein on the COVID virus. There is no bearing on your DNA at all.

Interestingly, viruses can change the very fabric of your being, we have a number of inactive viruses in our DNA. But, we also share 60% of our DNA with bananas. Make of that what you will. 

Indeed

Ancient Neanderthal Virus DNA Found in Modern Humans

https://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/viruses101/ancient_neanderthal_virus_dna_found/

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Sorry, Utah, I think we have agreed on many things, but on this one I have to back vax. I do retain the right to refuse the vax, but do I really have the right (or knowledge) to say the harm of not being vaxed is worse than not having it?

Putting it very simply, I could not see my Mum in a nursing home home for three months.  We opened up and she died within two months. Covid didn't take her, but the measures then took time that was actually very precious.  To a degree, Covid did take her,  the effect of not having contact and the deterioration was evident.  She may well have been on that trajectory anyway, but we will never know.

I am more than happy to have the vax (even though it isn't a vax in the traditional sense) if it allows families to be together.  The locking away of the elderly and vulnerable has been shocking, some would say scandalous.  If it takes a vax to stop that, then so be it.

But when pretty much everyone was vaccinated they still closed care homes so did it really make a difference

• Like 1