IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I beg to differ.

Masks work in controlling the spread of the virus.

Therefore we wear them in supermarkets etc because a very minor inconvenience is still an awful lot better than stupidly catching the virus.

I'm not sure you've read that post correctly. It's stating that the landing form procedure is a pointless exercise, not masks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I beg to differ.

Masks work in controlling the spread of the virus.

Therefore we wear them in supermarkets etc because a very minor inconvenience is still an awful lot better than stupidly catching the virus.

The pointless exercise I referred to was having everyone queue up in an unventilated corridor, with few people wearing masks, to have our vaccination credentials checked to help "keep our island safe" from covid. From a covid standpoint, the exercise couldn't have been much more unsafe. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zarley said:

The pointless exercise I referred to was having everyone queue up in an unventilated corridor, with few people wearing masks, to have our vaccination credentials checked to help "keep our island safe" from covid. From a covid standpoint, the exercise couldn't have been much more unsafe. 

Actually going to be doing another set this p.m. It's no big deal as long as everyone has done them beforehand.

On entry this time I'll ask what the purpose is? The answer could be simply that the border has been too pourus for too long and they've found the data useful or whatever.

Mind you, I bet I get a jobsworth...

Well, a month of discussion has resulted in me being being scheduled for a third dose rather a booster next week. Then a booster six months after that.

The confusion and lack of communication between GP, Consultant at Nobles and Consultant at Clatterbridge is staggering.

July 2018 I go into remission after 9 months chemo for blood cancer. Told I’m fully recovered and immune system should be working. No tests run.

March 2020 and regularly, and repeatedly,   since I’m told by letter, text and e-mail by GP, IoM DHSC, English DHSC, Royal Liverpool, Clatterbridge, Nobles, Manx Care that I’m Clinically Extremely Vulnerable and immunocompromised.

Despite this my GP missed me off the list for referral for CEV priority in March 2021.

Got letter a month ago for my booster. Rang to query if it was to be booster or 3rd ( there is a difference between the two with one of the vaccines, booster dose is half strength ).

GP says booster, IoM Haematologist says booster. Liverpool consultant says third dose.

I’m not all that bothered. It is what it is. But I wish they’d bloody agree and stop confusing me.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Well, a month of discussion has resulted in me being being scheduled for a third dose rather a booster next week. Then a booster six months after that.

The confusion and lack of communication between GP, Consultant at Nobles and Consultant at Clatterbridge is staggering.

July 2018 I go into remission after 9 months chemo for blood cancer. Told I’m fully recovered and immune system should be working. No tests run.

March 2020 and regularly, and repeatedly,   since I’m told by letter, text and e-mail by GP, IoM DHSC, English DHSC, Royal Liverpool, Clatterbridge, Nobles, Manx Care that I’m Clinically Extremely Vulnerable and immunocompromised.

Despite this my GP missed me off the list for referral for CEV priority in March 2021.

Got letter a month ago for my booster. Rang to query if it was to be booster or 3rd ( there is a difference between the two with one of the vaccines, booster dose is half strength ).

GP says booster, IoM Haematologist says booster. Liverpool consultant says third dose.

I’m not all that bothered. It is what it is. But I wish they’d bloody agree and stop confusing me.

The rollout of third jabs over here has been atrocious.

30 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That wasn’t my point. And I’m not sure you’re correct. Over a third of those eligible have had their third dose/booster.

The couple of third jabs (not boosters) I know of personally, who are in the extremely clinically vulnerable group, have only just had them. But we're already a long way into boosters, and they had their original 2 jabs very very early on, so were at quite considerable risk of diminishing immunity.