IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

52 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I would hope that a Covid Inquiry would reveal the truth behind the huge change in approach and tactics around the year end in 2020 and early 2021. My guess is that a few real covid nutjobs got to call the shots early on and it took a long while for them to be beaten into submission by Comin. It’s the same with the way the police turned into total twats at the start of it all forcing people to empty their boots to prove they only had essential items on shopping trips and the police outriders for returning residents like they were plague victims and all the jailings. A few high up the chain totally lost their s**t and they should be identified and brought to account so it doesn’t happen again. 

But the police never forced people to empty their boots to check what items they had. That's just a blatant lie, strange you would make something like that up but hey ho whatever floats your boat

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Embarrassing in the extreme.  If I could be arsed I would pull out the tens of thousands of social media comments about what an inbred backwater we are that we’re driven by these incredibly stupid policies and convictions.

You could find tens of thousands of comments applauding it too, and expressing the sheer envy of things like the normality we had for a good six months. 

Our Christmas was unlike that of most of the Western world. Most of the UK was in lockdown, or headed into lockdown on Boxing Day. 

Though, surely, house prices would’ve stagnated at the very least if the island wasn’t being seen as a sought after destination through the pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

No damage to IOM reputation.

Only last week was I on a teams chat with people in the UK laughing at us for what went on last year and the fact that they STILL can’t send their staff here to do work.

One of them had been planning to relocate  here before COVID kicked off with his family.  Now due to the way we treated him and his staff he isn’t and won’t even take any more clients on if they are here.  Once our contract expires he won’t allow me to renew it.

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

the fact that they STILL can’t send their staff here to do work.

Fully vaccinated people can come and do as much work as they please, so that's bollocks.

We're no different to most of Europe- if you're not vaccinated you're not coming in. You're not getting into Germany if you're not vaccinated. Or the Netherlands. Or France...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Fully vaccinated people can come and do as much work as they please, so that's bollocks.

We're no different to most of Europe- if you're not vaccinated you're not coming in. You're not getting into Germany if you're not vaccinated. Or the Netherlands. Or France...

We are part of Britain ffs.  People in Manchester aren’t stopped from going to London.

It is retarded that a non jabbed person who lives here can go to England and come back and go to the pub the next day, but if that same person lived in England they can’t come here under any circumstances even if prepared to test and isolate for 14 days.

There is absolutely no sensible or justifiable explanation for that and it makes us look stupid.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 4

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

We are part of Britain ffs.  People in Manchester aren’t stopped from going to London.

It is retarded that a non jabbed person who lives here can go to England and come back, it if that same person lived in England they can’t come here under any circumstances.

There is absolutely no sensible or justifiable explanation for that.

We aren’t part of Britain, and haven’t been for a very very long time. We’d parted company by 6500BC apparently, from rising sea levels. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

It is retarded that a non jabbed person who lives here can go to England and come back, but if that same person lived in England they can’t come here under any circumstances.

You are suggesting that the unvaccinated should not be allowed back in?

I think that would probably be a step too far. There should be an exception for people who cannot be vaccinated for genuine medical reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Except we're not part of the UK. It's only recently the Irish have started letting non-vaccinated people in, and even then only with stringent testing.

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

It is retarded that a non jabbed person who lives here can go to England and come back, it if that same person lived in England they can’t come here under any circumstances.

Most European countries have fewer entry restrictions on non-vaccinated residents. So what? 

Non-vaccinated people can still come here from England if they have reason to come here (visiting family, etc).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

You are suggesting that the unvaccinated should not be allowed back in?

I think that would probably be a step too far. There should be an exception for people who cannot be vaccinated for genuine medical reason.

We, no.  I m saying there should be no restriction on people coming here as they pose no more risk that one of our own who has been to the Uk and returns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

RB Is that correct? A UK person who is un-jabbed can't come here? Even if they are family? My son and family are supposed to come over in the new year and he seems to think that he has permission if they get a PCR test within 48 hours.

Family can apply for exemptions, and just need the arrival test/isolation once that’s granted. 

• Thanks 1