IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Well it would seem that overnight the media have reached out to all the usual suspects to basically say it may be bad, it could be worse, we could be doomed. At this point they do not know... Stopping flights is a reasonable step until checks are done, but why oh why after years of this constant barrage, can't the media dial it back and wait and see. I am fed up with their constant sensationalism, as it now seems that everything is a crisis.  Migrant invasion, climate armageddon, weather bombs take your pick. TV, radio and online news going off for a few days until this settles and facts, not speculation are able to be reported.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Well it would seem that overnight the media have reached out to all the usual suspects to basically say it may be bad, it could be worse, we could be doomed. At this point they do not know... Stopping flights is a reasonable step until checks are done, but why oh why after years of this constant barrage, can't the media dial it back and wait and see. I am fed up with their constant sensationalism, as it now seems that everything is a crisis.  Migrant invasion, climate armageddon, weather bombs take your pick. TV, radio and online news going off for a few days until this settles and facts, not speculation are able to be reported.

The media love bad news!! Now stock markets are reacting to bad news and crashing which will start another round of doom & gloom!

I don’t know if anyone saw the footage taken by Amadeus last night of the Douglas Lights switch on, absolutely packed. Sadly lots of revellers weren’t wearing masks, social media full of the doom mongers. There is bound to be a risk of transmitting Covid. There’s nothing that could be done but perhaps those organising the events could have appealed for the public to wear masks, and also promoted mask wearing and hand sanitising? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know if anyone saw the footage taken by Amadeus last night of the Douglas Lights switch on, absolutely packed. Sadly lots of revellers weren’t wearing masks, social media full of the doom mongers. There is bound to be a risk of transmitting Covid. There’s nothing that could be done but perhaps those organising the events could have appealed for the public to wear masks, and also promoted mask wearing and hand sanitising? 

They were outside, no point wearing them outside maybe In packed inside events if you’re worried 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Too early in the morning for satire.

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

They were outside, no point wearing them outside maybe In packed inside events if you’re worried 

Even outside you can still contract it, even sporting events like Premiership Football some spectators are still wearing masks. It’s a personal choice, but if it does spread even more, people will be mad when personal freedoms are reduced. 

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Even outside you can still contract it, even sporting events like Premiership Football some spectators are still wearing masks. It’s a personal choice, but if it does spread even more, people will be mad when personal freedoms are reduced. 

Just stop this nonsense. You'll send yourslf mad thinking like this. 

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I agree, but if we aren’t careful the GMP will have restrictions put into place, vaccination passes etc. Politicos will spout threat to the island and their beloved TT next year. 

I think the vaccinations passports will come in everywhere but would personally prefer them to mandatory mask wearing, restrictions on numbers inside etc 

• Confused 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:45 AM, P.K. said:

Unavoidably slipped to Friday when hopefully it should be busier!

@Zarley It took six minutes to get through from seat 22B. In the corridor the youngsters took their masks off whereas those with experience did not.

Asked why these landing cards were still needed? The response was a blank look. Decided not to pursue it on the grounds that if I were the next passenger I would not be best pleased.

Interesting landing mind...

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I think the vaccinations passports will come in everywhere but would personally prefer them to mandatory mask wearing, restrictions on numbers inside etc 

You'd rather people had to be vaccinated to take part in society than wear a mask occasionally?

• Like 1