IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It won’t realistically. They will now be baying for conferences and public meetings. Which they will also have to hastily arrange. 

Bit of a leap and doubtful. Maybe for once we could try some optimism around here rather than complaining at everything someone does or doesn't do ;) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Knowing that it's under review will reduce alarm not increase it.

What is alarming is that they knew this new variant can infect folks who have been double vaxed. But they did not know what difference the booster jab would make.

This leads me to think that one of those who returned with the virus had been double vaxed in the UK.

But they can't actually say this in case it sends out the wrong message i.e. not worth it. Same reason why there appears to be no figures on how the various flavours are performing against one another. Well, I can't find it anyway

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What is alarming is that they knew this new variant can infect folks who have been double vaxed. But they did not know what difference the booster jab would make.

This leads me to think that one of those who returned with the virus had been double vaxed in the UK.

But they can't actually say this in case it sends out the wrong message i.e. not worth it. Same reason why there appears to be no figures on how the various flavours are performing against one another. Well, I can't find it anyway

Any of the variants can infect people who are double vaccinated.

• Like 2

They should just announce the moronic variant is already here then people can stop shitting themselves. It's 100% going to reach the island and even a full lockdown won't stop it. Why are people acting like it can be kept out? 

Indications from SA are that in vaccinated people the moronic variant is a mild flu with muscle ache and possibly no loss of taste or smell. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When you last needed PCR after arriving in the UK, you were free to travel to the IOM without a test. I suspect you will still be able to come home, and perhaps have a test here, or if you become symptomatic. The UK passenger locator form has always allowed you to transit to the Isle of Man without any restriction (unless coming into the UK from red list)

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There are quite a few MHK’s and MLC’s that have it according to my MHK who I saw this week. 

Crookall, Glover, Wannenburgh and Edge all participated remotely in the Keys on Tuesday.  Edge is shielding I think (she had cancer in 2019), but the other three may have picked it up in Jersey or here.  Thomas was also absent, though that could be something else.

11 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

When you last needed PCR after arriving in the UK, you were free to travel to the IOM without a test. I suspect you will still be able to come home, and perhaps have a test here, or if you become symptomatic. The UK passenger locator form has always allowed you to transit to the Isle of Man without any restriction (unless coming into the UK from red list)

The difference this time is the mandatory isolation that the UK imposes upon all international arrivals. Whether they waive it for those in transit to IOM or CI will become clearer once the Statutory Instrument is published in a couple of days time  

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

If Boris is acting rapidly for once, what has changed? 

The continuous view from his side has been waiting until the very last minute. Generally, they’ve waited until scientists have been practically pleading, and things have been floated by the media for at least a couple of weeks. 

Indeed. He's got a share of 144,000 people pushing up daisies from his previous handling and a scathing report of systematic failures from the ensuing Inquiry. He will not be wanting to add to either tally.

• Like 1