IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Trying to keep it out is pointless.

It will get here anyway (if it isn’t already)

Get your jabs. Stay home if you want. Wear masks if you want.

Everyone should have their own choice if they want to take precautions or not, no one should have restrictions forced onto them anymore.

It will Be interesting to see what Alf says.  If there are any restrictions on travel to and from the UK people will freak.

There won’t be a choice, you will have restrictions like mandatory masks ie same as UK

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

There won’t be a choice, you will have restrictions like mandatory masks ie same as UK

That would be a HUGE call.

Hospitality will be screwed if all this coming weeks Christmas dos are cancelled. It is quite possibly the busiest weekend of the year coming up with every bar, hotel and restaurant being pretty much booked up . 

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

That would be a HUGE call.

Hospitality will be screwed if all this coming weeks Christmas dos are cancelled. It is quite possibly the busiest weekend of the year coming up with every bar, hotel and restaurant being pretty much booked up . 

The UK deliberately excluded hospitality.

Places are already struggling, food costs are flying through the roof, energy costs are climbing too. Staff are getting more expensive as wages are climbing. It'd be a massacre if the busy Christmas period was taken away from them.

I think prudence and encouraging people not to lick doorknobs will be order of the day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Well I hope they are not going to start injecting kids because people won’t wear a mask. As I can see that coming quite soon. I can see people on Facebook kicking up a fuss about masks already. 

God, could you imagine giving children and their parents a choice to have a safe and effective vaccine?

Inhumane really.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

From your article:

“Two weeks from now maybe we will say something different.”

That's the fundamental problem. Until scientists can do their lab magic, it's an unknown.

The choices we have with that unknown are panic, take pragmatic steps to reduce spread if it is here, or wait until we find out if it's a problem.

There's a gamble, and, the least invasive mitigations involve more testing, more masks, and asking people not to lick doorknobs. If it turns out that it's not a big deal, great, we can crack on. If it does, we've reduced the initial foothold.

As an aside, GB News is often full of nonsense, so I wouldn't put any weight on their journalism.

Just now, Utah 01 said:

You really are a narrow minded, opinionated know-it all.

Why do you say such mean things? Did I say something bad about your favourite news outlet?

They are a cyclical repeat of:

- Being woke is bad

- Cancel culture is bad

- BLM and Green is bad

- Lockdowns are bad

- Vaccines and climate change we haven't made our mind up on, but they're probably bogus.

Never mind that from a technical perspective, they're not particularly well organised either. They've had viewing ratings of zero for some of their outputs.

Of course we're excluding the fact that Farage is a dangerous, divisive man. And he's clearly not the sharpest, see his being paid a few quid a pop to start spouting pro-IRA messages, then how well that went against Irish newscasters.

Live update from London right now: about half of people are wearing masks in shops, about 70odd% on the tube. Not seen any shops ask for masks either. No social distancing to be seen anywhere and few fucks given. There’s crimbo shopping to be done after all. Also: bringing your own chair on the tube is next level. Respect. 

7D52E1E9-113A-40F6-BD88-076E408DF2AD.jpeg

B8D84A7B-8A3A-439A-AE0D-315CC3D33C7C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2