IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

There'll be many, many more cases popping up over the next few weeks. The SA GP in question operates a private clinic and so it's only her patients that are getting tested. There'll be many millions more who don't have access to private primary care walking around with this new variant.

31 and counting cases landed at Schipol yesterday. 

Wasn’t really worthy of a press conference but glad there hasn’t been a massive knee jerk reaction, there should have been masks on public transport anyway, although judging by the bus I was on the other day the cleanliness of the bus was more of an issue, looked like it hadn’t been cleaned for a week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

This is a much better and refreshing approach.

By encouraging people rather than forcing them to do the right thing, you gain more buy in from the public.

10 out of 10 from me.

It's a complete tone change, it's much clearer and feels as though they're being a lot more upfront and pragmatic.

There doesn't seem to be any of the old bluster. Even Dr Ewart seems to be more measured.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I have to say, he's a much better speaker than the previous CM.

Yes, say what you’re going to say, take questions, and once Paul Moulton et al are done with it, summarise the main message so it’s the last thing you hear and take away. Textbook. 

• Like 9