IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Yes, say what you’re going to say, take questions, and once Paul Moulton et al are done with it, summarise the main message so it’s the last thing you hear and take away. Textbook. 

It's the old adage, introduce what you are going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you have just told them.

But.....

The comments on FB were hilarious.   I am convinced the majority are thick as two short planks, completely unable to understand what has been said to them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

So if transit back to Iom from Spain say on a Sunday, do you have PCR test on Monday ie day 2 & will UK allow transit within 24 hours as before?

No, you undertake to do a LFT within 48 hours of arrival. PCR if coming in from outside CTA. 

Edited by Gladys

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The comments on FB were hilarious.   I am convinced the majority are thick as two short planks, completely unable to understand what has been said to them.

I’ve just witnessed two people say that masks in retail settings will be mandatory, we all watched the same briefing and I clearly heard Alf say mandatory on public transport and within health care settings, he finished by saying he’d ‘like’ to see more masks worn within retail settings.

Still I’m the one that is wrong apparently, what’s the point of watching something if you can’t hear it properly or just make up what you think you heard?

Just now, Annoymouse said:

I’ve just witnessed two people say that masks in retail settings will be mandatory, we all watched the same briefing and I clearly heard Alf say mandatory on public transport and within health care settings, he finished by saying he’d ‘like’ to see more masks worn within retail settings.

Still I’m the one that is wrong apparently, what’s the point of watching something if you can’t hear it properly or just make up what you think you heard?

There was panic about masks in schools on the FB feed I was watching.   

17 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He wasn’t needed though realistically. The last thing we need is an Ashford replacement who is wheeled out to offer his totally unqualified opinion about anything. Most people will be aware that in general Hooper knows the square root of f**k all about covid. 

Absolutely. The last thing we need is a Heath Secretary putting his points across and confusing things. Just have a clear, concise, brief press conference from the main man and then as you were. No need to complicate things. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

He wasn’t needed though realistically. The last thing we need is an Ashford replacement who is wheeled out to offer his totally unqualified opinion about anything. Most people will be aware that in general Hooper knows the square root of f**k all about covid. 

I’ll rephrase that in general Hooperman knows fcuk all about anything. Hooperman and Rob Callister are experts on nothing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2