IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I have to say, he's a much better speaker than the previous CM.

He's much better at reading things out than Quayle is, but that applied to 95% of the population over the age of 7 and quite a few below.  He still struck me as not really on top of the bits of his brief that he should have known about (such as arrival procedures) though not helped as ever by confused questioning.  Manx Radio version is here, though for some reason it doesn't start till 7 minutes in:

There really should have been someone there from Manx Care to answer some of the questions - again the reorganisation  is showing itself less and less fit for purpose.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry, but it is just another new scariant. They will pop up every six months or so while there is money to be extorted and earned. I believe that this is a none starter, but millions of pounds will change hands in stock markets world wide over the next few days. 

I blame the media, and those controlling them. 

Travellers who are full vaccinated arriving from outside the Common Travel Area must self-isolate and have a PCR test within 48 hours of arriving in the Isle of Man.

We will soon hear people complaining about the length of time they need to wait to get a swab done and the length of time it takes to get the result.

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

This information will be of no use to you at all but staff on the set of BBC’s The Capture, currently filming in London, are all wearing masks. Except when acting. The virus can’t act so there’s no risk of it spreading. 69858CFD-9DF8-48D7-B1FE-719EF4502D4E.jpeg

Or perhaps its sensible to mitigate the risk as much as you can, even if there are times when you can't. I've never understood this line of comment from some of the covid deniers (and I'm not suggesting you are one) about not having to wear a mask to eat or whatever and the resulting "lol good job covid knows when you're eating". It's literally just about mitigating risk when it's not impossible/a massive pain to do so. Reducing risk some of the time is still an improvement on reducing risk none of the time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Facebook is unbelievable half the population apparently have asthma the rest are struggling with the LF test and implications so where do they go for advice…facebook….not watching the media briefing, oh no asking every Karen on the Island.🤣 .

Honestly reading IOM FB pages it seems like the disinformationists have won. Might delete FB, it's depressing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I'm sorry, but it is just another new scariant. They will pop up every six months or so while there is money to be extorted and earned. I believe that this is a none starter, but millions of pounds will change hands in stock markets world wide over the next few days. 

I blame the media, and those controlling them. 

You’d be naive to think any conspiracy would be so overt and public.

If all the conspiracy theorists were onto something, they’d be shut down far more quickly. 

A virus doing what a virus does is hardly an extraordinary occurrence. Bad strains of things appear all the time. Just look at swine flu for example. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

You’d be naive to think any conspiracy would be so overt and public.

If all the conspiracy theorists were onto something, they’d be shut down far more quickly. 

A virus doing what a virus does is hardly an extraordinary occurrence. Bad strains of things appear all the time. Just look at swine flu for example. 

No no, it's a global conspiracy where all the Governments have decided to work together, and they've left clues for absolute geniuses of our time to notice, like being able to make an anagram of the variant name.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

This information will be of no use to you at all but staff on the set of BBC’s The Capture, currently filming in London, are all wearing masks. Except when acting. The virus can’t act so there’s no risk of it spreading. 69858CFD-9DF8-48D7-B1FE-719EF4502D4E.jpeg

Not in Equity.

26 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Facebook is unbelievable half the population apparently have asthma the rest are struggling with the LF test and implications so where do they go for advice…facebook….not watching the media briefing, oh no asking every Karen on the Island.🤣 .

There’s no way to monitor LFTS, taken or not.

guernsey tried it bu making all arrivals pay £25 for 5 tests which they were supposed to take, lots were dumped into bins at various ports or left unopened in hotels etc. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

😀

’Every time you think you understand, you end up doing the opposite.

If I have to explain the joke then it takes away from the skill Involved in the giving and receiving of my type of dry humour.

You either get it or you don’t and you don’t. 

I reckon we actually have a similar sense of humour, but that it doesn’t translate well to a forum.

Have a lovely COVID free masked up evening with Jimmy Nail

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s no way to monitor LFTS, taken or not.

guernsey tried it bu making all arrivals pay £25 for 5 tests which they were supposed to take, lots were dumped into bins at various ports or left unopened in hotels etc. 

amateur's , we dump them by the bin bag full here. 

• Haha 8