IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

One word Tim ....Asymptomatic ... you have Covid but don't have any symptoms

Tim Glover currently self-isolating after testing positive

An MHK is calling for government to update its advice about coronavirus symptoms, after he tested positive for the illness at the weekend.

Tim Glover, member for Arbory, Castletown & Malew, found out he had Covid-19 on Saturday after taking a lateral flow test.

He’s now self-isolating with his wife and says he can still take part in House of Keys and Tynwald sittings remotely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

And here too perhaps?

I did the Laxey Christmas market over the weekend and there must have been thousands there over the two days. I’d be lying if I didn’t wonder if any of them were there as unknown carriers and I had a LOT of interaction with many of them.

Time will tell. 

100% it's on the Island.

It stalks us, like a stalky thing. Follows us wherever we are. Ooooooooeeer! You can run but you can't hide 🤣

The best we can hope to do is slow the rate of progression for all variants just by doing sensible stuff, not just variant 15.

When our kids were little (30 & 40 years ago) and always running around with snotty noses and coughing all over the place they never visited the grandparents. It was the sensible thing to do until we thought the lurgy had passed. The same with both of us whilst working... if we had the same colds/coughs then we stayed away from parents and work, for however long it took to get rid of it. Sometimes it was just a couple of days, other times it could be a week. It's just common sense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Likely to be cancelled is different from actually cancelled...

1 is definitely off.  People are still less than half a day back in the office.  I am hearing about lots of other events likely to be knocked on the head, which is weird because most people I speak to don’t seem to be arsed.

Once a few cancel, others will feel obliged to follow suit to be seen to be doing the right thing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Sturgeon & drake Ford demand 8 days quarantine on arrival into UK, sky news 

And they also want travel rules to be toughened further with people entering the UK asked to isolate for eight days and the reintroduction of a PCR test on day eight.

Too late, it's in the community.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Numerous Christmas patty’s and other events cancelled already.

Hospitality will get shafted

Complete over-reaction if they are. I hope the government are prepared for the huge costs involved in spreading this unnecessary fear.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

1 is definitely off.  People are still less than half a day back in the office.  I am hearing about lots of other events likely to be knocked on the head, which is weird because most people I speak to don’t seem to be arsed.

Once a few cancel, others will feel obliged to follow suit to be seen to be doing the right thing.

I'm sure you and oftboremanxman share the same bathwater. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5