IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Nom de plume said:

I think it’s a load of claptrap.

Deal with it properly or stop titting about.

Deal with it properly, like getting people to wear masks when feasible to reduce risk, and allowing exceptions from that where it's not possible?

Yeah, sounds terrible and nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If you can't work out why this is, and why it's still an improvement on "masks nowhere", then I am sorry to inform you that you're very, very stupid.

The lot of them on here, Nom de script, oftboremanxman, Nancyboi and a few others just cannot see themselves as being part of a Clamour Club; the direct opposite of all the 'covid loons' they take the piss out of on other social media platforms. 

• Like 2

Just now, quilp said:

The lot of them on here, Nom de script, oftboremanxman, Nancyboi and a few others just cannot see themselves as being part of a Clamour Club; the direct opposite of all the 'covid loons' they take the piss out of on other social media platforms. 

I love you Quilt x

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Masks on buses & in shops.

No masks in pubs, bars, clubs & restaurants.

What a circus, what a load of shite.

This is all about money not health.

Looks to me it's more about necessities vs personal choice. But then this is the worst tory government in living memory who will only upset party donor Tim Martin as a last resort.

Why some folks seem to think wearing a mask is anything other than a very mild inconvenience is rather strange really....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Spending all of last year whinging about wanting sensible restrictions instead of overreactions and then as soon as sensible, nuanced restrictions are put in place complaining about those too. Excellent stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, P.K. said:

Looks to me it's more about necessities vs personal choice. But then this is the worst tory government in living memory who will only upset party donor Tim Martin as a last resort.

Why some folks seem to think wearing a mask is anything other than a very mild inconvenience is rather strange really....

I was already wearing a mask to stop the Chinese tracking me via facial recognition anyway, so it's nice that a pandemic came along to make me stand out less.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Spending all of last year whinging about wanting sensible restrictions instead of overreactions and then as soon as sensible, nuanced restrictions are put in place complaining about those too. Excellent stuff.

Listen very carefully you halfwit.

I wear a mask, I’m happy to wear a mask.

However, they are playing at it. Yes, small mitigation’s help & delay … but that’s all they do.

If they want to do it properly, lock the country down until everyone is jabbed & booster jabbed.

If that doesn’t work then we are all more fucked than I care to think about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nom de plume said:

Listen very carefully you halfwit.

I wear a mask, I’m happy to wear a mask.

However, they are playing at it. Yes, small mitigation’s help & delay … but that’s all they do.

If they want to do it properly, lock the country down until everyone is jabbed & booster jabbed.

If that doesn’t work then we are all more fucked than I care to think about.

The mask guidelines are reasonable and proportionate for a goal of preventing spread in situations people can't avoid, allowing people to make their own risk assessments of situations they can avoid, and mitigating impact on the health service. Wear a mask wherever you want to when it's not necessary if you like. The Government doesn't need to tell you to.

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Who has complained about restrictions?

All I have seen is people discussing how the restrictions seem a bit pointless (the same people are all allowed to mix without masks everywhere else) and the fact that some events are being cancelled.

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The mask guidelines are reasonable and proportionate for a goal of preventing spread in situations people can't avoid, allowing people to make their own risk assessments of situations they can avoid, and mitigating impact on the health service. Wear a mask wherever you want to when it's not necessary if you like. The Government doesn't need to tell you to.

Then we will be playing cat & mouse with COVID forever & your bed sheets will be eternally soaked.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Who has complained about restrictions?

All I have seen is people discussing how the restrictions seem a bit pointless (the same people are all allowed to mix without masks everywhere else) and the fact that some events are being cancelled.

Calling them pointless isn't complaining in your book?

Having different rules for different situations is eminently sensible. The new variant doesn't appear to be about to wipe out all life on earth (apologies if it does after I say this), but mitigating spread where possible and not difficult to do so is a good idea. It's a good idea anyway with the run up to Christmas. There's no real problem with the mitigations introduced.

• Like 2