IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Then we will be playing cat & mouse with COVID forever & your bed sheets will be eternally soaked.

Eh? I'm not concerned. And no, I don't see any indication that this is a perpetual state. The only person having a flap here appears to be you.

• Like 1

Just now, HeliX said:

Eh? I'm not concerned. And no, I don't see any indication that this is a perpetual state. The only person having a flap here appears to be you.

I’m carrying on quite normally thank you.

Looking forward to Christmas & a few days away.

Fun to drop by here now and again to ruffle a few feathers & witness the usual bed wetting cult doing their thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s £30 for the travel Pcr test , book online when completing landing forms, just been advised by 111

Thanks for that , In Portugal and been trying to find out just this . Another box ticked. I'm assuming on arrival you , for all intent and purpose locking down till test results etc ? Or ?? Guess its a case of someone getting me some necessities in presumably 

Edited by Numbnuts

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Calling them pointless isn't complaining in your book?

No, they are completely different things.

I think the speed limit out pas my house is pointless, but I understand why it is there.  I don’t complain about it, but also don’t think it achieves anything because people ignore it and then hit a derestricted section a few metres down the road anyway.

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Thanks for that , In Portugal and been trying to find out just this . Another box ticked. I'm assuming on arrival your for all intent and purpose locking down till test results etc ? Or ?? Guess its a case of someone getting me some necessities in presumably 

Yes isolation until negative test, but you should be able to get tested day after arrival 111 advise, so arrival say Friday , test Saturday and results Saturday evening hopefully 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If you can't work out why this is, and why it's still an improvement on "masks nowhere", then I am sorry to inform you that you're very, very stupid.

It's not an improvement at all. It's token gesture to be seen to be doing something but achieving very little.

So you can get the bus/tube/train on the way to your night out, wearing a mask, then dispense of it when you get off and walk to your busy restaurant and bar, where you mingle with hundreds of other merry souls all enjoying themselves with no distancing whatsoever.   

It's theatre. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

It's not an improvement at all. It's token gesture to be seen to be doing something but achieving very little.

So you can get the bus/tube/train on the way to your night out, wearing a mask, then dispense of it when you get off and walk to your busy restaurant and bar, where you mingle with hundreds of other merry souls all enjoying themselves with no distancing whatsoever.   

It's theatre. 

And all the people who were on the bus/tube/train just trying to get home will have been suitably protected. Those who are going out to the bars will have done their own risk assessment that they're happy with. It's astounding that you're struggling with this. It's proportionate and reasonable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

And all the people who were on the bus/tube/train just trying to get home will have been suitably protected. Those who are going out to the bars will have done their own risk assessment that they're happy with. It's astounding that you're struggling with this. It's proportionate and reasonable.

The only thing that’s astounding here is the complete ignorance that you are displaying.

These measures are pointless unless it’s across the board & everyone is vaccinated (globally).

Even then, they’ll dream up something else to have you shit your pants.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1

Just now, HeliX said:

I'm not struggling with it. I understand they have to be seen to be doing something, I just don't personally agree with it.

My point is they should just leave everyone to do their own risk assessments and be done with it. We are 18 months into this now and by all accounts this variant is as mild as the previous ones (arguably milder if the South African epidemiologists are to be believed) so we don't need the government to be forever dipping in and out with interventions. 

We're all good to move on now, thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes isolation until negative test, but you should be able to get tested day after arrival 111 advise, so arrival say Friday , test Saturday and results Saturday evening hopefully 

Again thank you . This will be my first Covid test in this crazy world we live in. So guess have done well to get this far. Thought was getting tested on arrival in Portugal but double vaccinated meant I didnt have too. Pretty strict out here to .

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

The only thing that’s astounding here is the complete ignorance that you are displaying.

These measures are pointless unless it’s across the board & everyone is vaccinated (globally).

Even then, they’ll dream up something else to have you shit your pants.

They're not pointless, they protect people in unavoidable shared spaces. I.e. protecting the vulnerable and letting everyone else get on with it. Which is the right approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

I'm not struggling with it. I understand they have to be seen to be doing something, I just don't personally agree with it.

My point is they should just leave everyone to do their own risk assessments and be done with it. We are 18 months into this now and by all accounts this variant is as mild as the previous ones (arguably milder if the South African epidemiologists are to be believed) so we don't need the government to be forever dipping in and out with interventions. 

We're all good to move on now, thanks. 

How does a vulnerable elderly person who doesn't drive do a risk assessment of getting to the shop to do their shopping without the guarantee that the other people on the bus are going to be wearing masks?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

The same as they did last week?

But the situation has changed and therefore so has the risk assessment.

That said, given our case rates I would've been in favour of masks on public transport and in shops (and/or "vulnerable shopper" time slots at shops) to protect the vulnerable anyway. It's no skin off anyone else's nose and it helps those who may well need it most.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1