IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Alf Cannan has done well and the definite change of tone in the announcements is really good to see. All well delivered and balanced and certainly not giving some of the alarmists what they want. I heard a fair few people in a cafe this morning sound actively disappointed that no mandatory mask wearing has been ordained outside of public transport. It’s going to be interesting to see how they police it in schools as I can see some kids wanting to be sent home rather than wearing them and many parents digging their heels in. 

They won’t police it in schools as they have no authority to.  Therefore kids won’t do it, therefore it’s pointless 

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Again thank you . This will be my first Covid test in this crazy world we live in. So guess have done well to get this far. Thought was getting tested on arrival in Portugal but double vaccinated meant I didnt have too. Pretty strict out here to .

Apparently the website is being updated today so just check there’s no changes tomorrow!! I was checking for family arriving next week 

• Like 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

I’m just wondering if it will be detentions or send kids home if they don’t comply as I agree they can’t actually endorse at all. 

There won’t be anything.  They have no jurisdiction to punish kids for not doing something that is only encouraged

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m just wondering if it will be detentions or send kids home if they don’t comply as I agree they can’t actually enforce at all. 

Nothing will happen, and it's not the schools setting the rules so it wouldn't be a "school" punishment like detention anyway.

Edited by HeliX

13 minutes ago, HeliX said:

But the situation has changed and therefore so has the risk assessment.

That said, given our case rates I would've been in favour of masks on public transport and in shops (and/or "vulnerable shopper" time slots at shops) to protect the vulnerable anyway. It's no skin off anyone else's nose and it helps those who may well need it most.

Was in shoprite Ramsey earlier and about 90% with masks on so good uplift on previously 

• Like 2

DHSC saying they are ramping up booster vaccination. I am due my booster technically on the 25 December 2021 if you follow the literal interpretation of the rules. I enquired and was advised that the last vaccination session was the 22 December, which isn’t brilliant and certainly isn’t ‘ramping’ up. Some surgeries are geared up for dealing with Covid vaccination, whilst others aren’t doing it. I really hope that DHSC and IOMG gets their backside into gear, and actually properly ramp up the service, working longer hours and if necessary creating more space in Chester Street to accommodate more people.

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

It's not an improvement at all. It's token gesture to be seen to be doing something but achieving very little.

So you can get the bus/tube/train on the way to your night out, wearing a mask, then dispense of it when you get off and walk to your busy restaurant and bar, where you mingle with hundreds of other merry souls all enjoying themselves with no distancing whatsoever.   

It's theatre. 

You are recommended to take a LFT before going into social situations.  All seems pretty pragmatic to me. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

DHSC saying they are ramping up booster vaccination. I am due my booster technically on the 25 December 2021 if you follow the literal interpretation of the rules. I enquired and was advised that the last vaccination session was the 22 December, which isn’t brilliant and certainly isn’t ‘ramping’ up. Some surgeries are geared up for dealing with Covid vaccination, whilst others aren’t doing it. I really hope that DHSC and IOMG gets their backside into gear, and actually properly ramp up the service, working longer hours and if necessary creating more space in Chester Street to accommodate more people.

Problem is invitations have already been sent out. No point in changing them now.