IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Actually I think putting another layer of clothes on is not such a bad practice. Too easy these days to bang on the central heating and away we go. I havent had my heating on now for 4 years due to financial restraints and I'm fine . Hot water bottle , jumper and a quilt and warm as toast . If I was in a relationship for sure I might change but we have become to reliant on central heating and the likes. When growing up we never had it and whats more the old single glazing windows were a joy to behold when freezing...on the inside lol   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Actually I think putting another layer of clothes on is not such a bad practice. Too easy these days to bang on the central heating and away we go. I havent had my heating on now for 4 years due to finacial restraints and I'm fine . Hot water bottle , jumper and a quilt and warm as toast . If I was in a relationship for sure I might change but we have become to reliant on central heating and the likes. When growing up we never had it and whats more the old single glazing windows were a joy to behold when freezing...on the inside lol   

Having central heating on or not is in no way the same as having all the windows open

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Having central heating on or not is in no way the same as having all the windows open

No I agree and windows open to get around a perceived problem is not really acceptable. But we know our powers that be dont do proactive measures.!!! Muppets the lot of them. They seem to collectively fail to have measures in place to cover so many of these factors. We see it and comment on it ..but why cant they !  

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

No I agree and windows open to get around a perceived problem is not really acceptable. But we know our powers that be dont do proactive measures.!!! Muppets the lot of them. They seem to collectively fail to have measures in place to cover so many of these factors. We see it and comment on it ..but why cant they !  

So the kids should just put another layer of clothes on and suck it up like you do at home?

Sorry.  You have lost me on this one

Some interesting facts and theories on air-handling units and the effects on transmission of covid and other viruses in general. For those interested in anything other than their own opinions, that is...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/ventilation.html

Perhaps the popular 'top-down' ventilation systems could add to the problem of transmission if not properly operated and maintained.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

I was reading some of the Twitter responses to Alfs briefing yesterday. One particular post had a lot of anti-Vax types orchestrated in the belief that the vaccines are somehow reducing our immune systems rather than our bodies naturally learning to fight the virus off.

They have come along way from chips in the arms and spoons sticking to peoples arms. 

To be fair whoever wrote his press release wants shooting. Apparently our immune systems, which have been with us since the dawn of time, no longer work anymore. Even Alf couldn't quite believe what he was being asked to read out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Speaking of school kids. Primary school today had all the doors and windows open. Kids were sat with their hats, coats and gloves on.

Why hasn't the department sorted out air conn / filtration? They've had since March 2020.

This isn't acceptable as we head into winter. 

The kids are going to be off with coughs and colds.

You don't catch colds from the cold weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

So the kids should just put another layer of clothes on and suck it up like you do at home?

Sorry.  You have lost me on this one

No of course not... I was making a general remark about heating etc. School kids should have had a safe enviroment sorted along time ago. Which doesnt involve being huddled up in classrooms with windows open and wearing coats hats and the likes so as to allow air circulation 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

You don't catch colds from the cold weather.

You don't catch illness from the the handles of a shopping basket either but that hasn't stopped people wiping them down religiously with wet wipes, hand gel and paper towels for the past 18 months. Still, have to be seen to be doing something I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Danoo said:

You don't catch illness from the the handles of a shopping basket either but that hasn't stopped people wiping them down religiously with wet wipes, hand gel and paper towels for the past 18 months. Still, have to be seen to be doing something I suppose. 

Plenty of illnesses do transmit through surfaces. Just look at norovirus. 

Fomite transmission of COVID was thought to be a significant vector at the start. 

Whilst that hasn’t proven to be true, or significant in the light of Delta being airborne, it comes from the same place as the logic that masks don’t work. Important people decreed it to be so, and understandably, people took that on board. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Norovirus? But yeah it's mostly pointless for a respiratory virus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Plenty of illnesses do transmit through surfaces. Just look at norovirus. 

Fomite transmission of COVID was thought to be a significant vector at the start. 

Whilst that hasn’t proven to be true, or significant in the light of Delta being airborne, it comes from the same place as the logic that masks don’t work. Important people decreed it to be so, and understandably, people took that on board. 

This is my whole point. Once the absolute futility of wiping down shopping trolley handles was realised, people still continued to do it without thinking. Christ, people still do it to this present day in Tesco's and Shoprite. It's like watching a real life version of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, seeing frontal lobotomised drones queueing one after the other to disinfect a shopping basket before doing a shop.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Danoo said:

This is my whole point. Once the absolute futility of wiping down shopping trolley handles was realised, people still continued to do it without thinking. Christ, people still do it to this present day in Tesco's and Shoprite. It's like watching a real life version of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, seeing frontal lobotomised drones queueing one after the other to disinfect a shopping basket before doing a shop.  

Agreed