IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, quilp said:

Just how do you know this? You don't half come out with some sheight fella... 

I only know a handful of people who bother.

Most seem to if they have a bit of a cold etc to rule it out, but I genuinely don’t know many who do them regularly.

We got 14 months ago and still have some left.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite, just little details like that and you would feel more assured that there were people running our response who

A. knew what they are dong and, 

B. care about what they are doing. 

Or a mix of both.  The PAC hearings show they don't know what they are doing and when they encounter someone who does they don't care enough to listen.  Sad really.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

I only know a handful of people who bother.

Good on them. Is it about 5 people? 

Most seem to if they have a bit of a cold etc to rule it out, but I genuinely don’t know many who do them regularly.

Some people I'm acquainted with have little confidence in the accuracy of the LFD's, referring to the number of false results, but fortunately they're still deciding to do tests regardless, which is sensible, they are aware that there is a social responsibility in doing so. 

We got 14 months ago and still have some left.

Good for you. Use them wisely.

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

Good on them. Is it about 5 people? 

Some people I'm acquainted with have little confidence in the accuracy of the LFD's, referring to the number of false results, but fortunately they're still deciding to do tests regardless, which is sensible, they are aware that there is a social responsibility in doing so. 

Good for you. Use them wisely.

I have absolutely no idea why you keep going on about 5? Not a clue

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Out of interest, anyone know what's going on with the 3rd boosters on the Isle for the over 40s?

All the old people I know (60+) seem to have had theirs. 

I don't know anyone in the 40+ group that seems to even have an appointment.

We have an appointment for a booster which was received yesterday for 50+ so they are moving down the age ranges 

41 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Out of interest, anyone know what's going on with the 3rd boosters on the Isle for the over 40s?

All the old people I know (60+) seem to have had theirs. 

I don't know anyone in the 40+ group that seems to even have an appointment.

According to the dashboard, they're about half-way through the 65-69 group, with hardly anyone in the 60-64 group done yet (so quilp is clearly a queue-jumper).  Vaccine stocks seems quite low at 5691, though boosters are only half-doses, so that would be about 11,000 booster shots (though as ever the mix between types will be important).

17 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I ordered mine on line on Sunday 7 received today delivered by Hermes .

I ordered mine in the evening of the Sunday before, received them last Wednesday.  It really is just lacklustre.  So disappointing, like watching a highly able and talented student consistently fail to get high grades, not because they can't, just that they don't care. 

• Like 1