IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You must be in a parallel universe to the Strand St I’ve just walked down where I’d say it was 40-50% 

Bollovks , must be just you and Ramseyboy without masks, did see a couple of odd bods without in Boots😂

Someobe just in Mannin line complaining he was refused entry to 2 shops without a mask, good 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Sorry but just relaying facts. I’m currently sat in a cafe where nobody is wearing a mask at all having my lunch. Walking down Strand St I’d say it’s 50/50 at best. 

You can't mandate wearing a mask in a cafe/restaurant/bar.  How exactly would your purchase be consumed?

The only other option would be to shut them down and surely that's the last thing anyone (especially within the industry) wants. 

• Like 1

I’m just pointing out the reality of the situation. One mask wearer has just come in but 25 people sat here in a cafe not one mask being worn. Outside I’d say it’s a max of 50/50 based on my walk through the street. 

Obviously people aren’t wearing in cafes or walking down the street, they are being worn in shops which is where they are supposed to be worn, I guess you and Ramsey are just behind stupid on purpose 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Obviously people aren’t wearing in cafes or walking down the street, they are being worn in shops which is where they are supposed to be worn, I guess you and Ramsey are just behind stupid on purpose 

Wtf? I have been in small shops and people weren’t bothering or being asked.

People aren’t nothing in the offices I have been to either.

I can accept those of you who have been in packed shops have seen them today, not sure why you can’t accept other people factual version of events.

It will be interesting to see what the uptake at schools has been?  I am guessing pretty low amongst students.

What’s stupid about reporting what’s actually happening rather than making stuff up? I have no issue with mask wearing at all but honestly reports that everyone is wearing them are just untrue. It’s 50/50 at best. I’ve had 3 business meetings this morning. Not one person asked to wear a mask and nobody I came into contact with in any of the offices I visited were wearing a mask outside of the receptionists. 

You are me, and I claim my five pounds 😂

Pretty much the exact same experience.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

According to the dashboard, they're about half-way through the 65-69 group, with hardly anyone in the 60-64 group done yet (so quilp is clearly a queue-jumper)...

Co-morbidities, Roger. Vulnerable, they say.

Like Roxanne, I the booster earlier on. Got there just before 11.30 and was out within 15 mins. Very efficient.

Seems as if the 'Parking Controllers' (lol) are keeping a permanent presence along Back Strand Street, plenty of yellow and black stickers on windscreens. 

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What’s stupid about reporting what’s actually happening rather than making stuff up? I have no issue with mask wearing at all but honestly reports that everyone is wearing them are just untrue. It’s 50/50 at best. I’ve had 3 business meetings this morning. Not one person asked to wear a mask and nobody I came into contact with in any of the offices I visited were wearing a mask outside of the receptionists. 

You’ve obviously not been in any shops, it’s nearly 100% compliance . Business meetings etc is up-to individual as is hospitality & walking down the street 

1 hour ago, Maugholdmafia said:

Well I think the police are dealing it through the court now. Shows the state of our government, when they do not even trust iompost to deliver for another department (manx care). 

Couldnt make it up could you 

so now the money goes to a private company, when instead it would have gone to the post office which have to pay the government 1million a year in dividends anyway. Literally put it back into the system 😤

It wouldn't surprise me if IOMPost bid for it and were the most expensive and so didn't get the business because of that.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

??

No matter how hard China is trying to whitewash this, it came from a lab and/or a market in Wuhan and not only are they covering it up, they made it worse. This could have been contained. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58905945