IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

They need to compensate hospitality for the unnecessary panic that ensued.

Why? When one books a Christmas party, one pays a large none refundable deposit. The food is effectively paid for. Any enterprising establishment will be advertising cut priced meals and availability. They will still be packed and make wads of money. It is Christmas and a pesky virus is not going to stop people going out and celebrating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a long chat with a friend who is a paramed in London.

They go and pick up yet another covid stricken patient who is unvaccinated and then have to drive through an anti-vaxxer demonstration taking place outside the hospital !

What is wrong with these people...???!!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Danoo said:

I quite agree.

In my, admittedly small amount, of media training I had in my past corporate life I was always told to say as little as possible whilst getting the message across. Address the issue in hand and don't leave any opportunity for misunderstanding. 

I don't know who advises him but he's been strung up like a kipper on this one. Another briefing to placate the jittery manx public who are going off on the deep end on this one wouldn't be a bad move, ahead of a traditionally bumper period for the manx economy. 

The key part was where Alf said "the threat we face with Omicron"  as opposed to "the potential threat that omicron could pose". 

Small change in words, huge change in the overall message. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Why? When one books a Christmas party, one pays a large none refundable deposit. The food is effectively paid for. Any enterprising establishment will be advertising cut priced meals and availability. They will still be packed and make wads of money. It is Christmas and a pesky virus is not going to stop people going out and celebrating. 

Righto 

You go around and have that conversation with the owners of a few pubs, restuarants and hotels (who would also pick up loads of room bookings, breakfast etc) and see how long it is until one of them decks you.

Maybe the you Loveiom card with you so the useless government can gives them a double whammy😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You still insist on spreading fake news even when I post actual pictures from inside a local store at peak lunchtime. I’m not sure what you’re fearful of but most certainly 90% of people are not wearing masks. Absolutely nowhere near. Walked past the Terrace Chippy before. One person in the queue (which was almost out the door) wearing a mask out of about 15 queuing. I’m not sure what parallel universe you live in but you’re simply spreading fake news. 

You posted blurry pictures of several mannequins & 2/3 people passing by the lingerie section 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Righto 

You go around and have that conversation with the owners of a few pubs, restuarants and hotels (who would also pick up loads of room bookings, breakfast etc) and see how long it is until one of them decks you.

Maybe the you Loveiom card with you so the useless government can gives them a double whammy😂

Yes. Like bloke from 1886 who has been raking it in all summer, has just swapped his Lamborghini for a Ferrari, and was photographed outside government offices a few months ago looking for help? 

Or the head of the vintners association who keep banging on about not having as much help as the hotels, even though pubs were allowed to open  in summer 2020 and trade, when hotels were mainly still shut due to there being no visitors? 

I could go on, but those hospitality institutions who have taken the deposits will be laughing all the way to the bank. Their catering supplies have been paid for they will sell it and get double whammy! 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Had a long chat with a friend who is a paramed in London.

They go and pick up yet another covid stricken patient who is unvaccinated and then have to drive through an anti-vaxxer demonstration taking place outside the hospital !

What is wrong with these people...???!!!

Same issue with anti maskers

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/30/anti-mask-blitz-war-public-good

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You still insist on spreading fake news even when I post actual pictures from inside a local store at peak lunchtime. I’m not sure what you’re fearful of but most certainly 90% of people are not wearing masks. Absolutely nowhere near. Walked past the Terrace Chippy before. One person in the queue (which was almost out the door) wearing a mask out of about 15 queuing. I’m not sure what parallel universe you live in but you’re simply spreading fake news. 

You are not required to wear a mask in pubs and hospitality. Terrace Chippy is hospitality. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

You posted blurry pictures of several mannequins & 2/3 people passing by the lingerie section 😂

That's because it's a different story in the food section where most people were shopping and 90% of those people were masked up. But that doesn't fit the narrative he's pushing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Apparently I was making it up when I said no one in co op was wearing one last night as well..

Better news, everyone I saw in Ramsey shoprite this afternoon had one on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes. Like bloke from 1886 who has been raking it in all summer, has just swapped his Lamborghini for a Ferrari, and was photographed outside government offices a few months ago looking for help? 

No he wasn’t.  His money didn’t come from running a club and I doublet 1886 generates a huge profit.  

He was in the fortunate position to be able to spend about 3 million setting that place up.  Hardly your standard local business

12 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

People were walking straight in off the street with no masks on and standing in the queue. I’m not sure why there is this need from some to spread completely fake news about IOM mask wearing but it isn’t borne out by reality. 

WTF are you on about, why would anyone wear a mask in the street & put a mask on in hospitality when there’s no requirements!!

Its in shops they are being worn & you seem to be pushing some strange anti mask reality that few are complying when everyone else says they are!

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

WTF are you on about, why would anyone wear a mask in the street & put a mask on in hospitality when there’s no requirements!!

Its in shops they are being worn & you seem to be pushing some strange anti mask reality that few are complying when everyone else says they are!

You must see the insanity of having or wanting to wear a mask to walk around ‘M&S and never getting within 5m of anyone else, but not when lined up in the terrace chippy (which is basically a shop for takeaway food) shoulder to shoulder with 15 other people?

Edited by Ramseyboi

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve just had an email from the managing director of Tesco’s to tell me that the wearing of masks is now mandatory.

Its the first email I’ve had in ages that isn’t a utility trying to fleece me. 

I was in Tesco earlier this evening, where about 90% of shoppers were wearing masks.  

• Thanks 1