IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just arrived at Heathrow on Sea. Takes about 10/15 minutes to get through. Long queue obviously and three people checking landing forms. All very friendly and giving a great first impression to the island. The place itself not so much. When is the building work due to finish? Anyway, they give out tests on arrival if you want one. All quite painless. 

3D7A3F16-FC39-4071-8DD7-EA654E922D19.jpeg

59D7FC3A-453E-46DC-8223-8221D34F61C7.jpeg

4C0A5113-4FC5-49F4-AA99-023894206953.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You must see the insanity of having or wanting to wear a mask to walk around ‘M&S and never getting within 5m of anyone else, but not when lined up in the terrace chippy (which is basically a shop for takeaway food) shoulder to shoulder with 15 other people?

You realise that the fumes from the fat fryers and malt vinegar are anti viral/anti bacterial. If we all lived in chippy shops there’d be no pandemic.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You realise that the fumes from the fat fryers and malt vinegar are anti viral/anti bacterial. If we all lived in chippy shops there’d be no pandemic.

I have never said there isn’t a pandemic.

I have never said we shouldn’t take it seriously.

I have never said that people should t wear masks.

I have never criticised anyone for wearing a mask.

I have ALWAYS said that the precautions aren’t logical or sensible and that there is no sense to them.

I have always said that there should be reasonable and consistent sensible messaging.

I have always supported sensible restrictions and precautions.

I don’t understand why people assume that any questioning of the government approach or public response immediately makes someone a COVID denying anti vaxer?

I am fully jabbed up and wear a mask when needed. Always have been

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have never said there isn’t a pandemic.

I have never said we shouldn’t take it seriously.

I have never said that people should t wear masks.

I have never criticised anyone for wearing a mask.

I have ALWAYS said that the precautions aren’t logical or sensible and that there is no sense to them.

I have always said that there should be reasonable and consistent sensible messaging.

I have always supported sensible restrictions and precautions.

I don’t understand why people assume that any questioning of the government approach or public response immediately makes someone a COVID denying anti vaxer?

I am fully jabbed up and wear a mask when needed. Always have been

Well that all seems jolly reasonable.

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Chicken and mushroom pie please, large chips, mushy peas over. 
Could you bring it to me in my sleeping bag in the corner?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, emesde said:

"the terrace chippy (which is basically a shop for takeaway food)" 

Thanks so much for explaining what a fish and chip shop is. What would we do without your depth of knowledge? 😊😷

It was for Cambons benefit.  He seemed to think we were talking about the restaurant next door as he said it was hospitality when for the purpose of if the precautions are sensible or not queuing at the terrace chippy is exactly the same as buying a sandwich in the coop or marksies - only more crowded 

Edited by Ramseyboi

Looks like Pfizer is only ever so slightly less effective against Omicron than it is against Delta. Brilliant news that will hopefully be confirmed further in the next few days. Ideally Moderna and AZ will follow.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/covid-1st-data-about-vaccine-efficacy-against-omicron-expected-tuesday-687392?s=09

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

It was for Cambons benefit.  He seemed to think we were talking about the restaurant next door as he said it was hospitality when for the purpose of if the precautions are sensible or not queuing at the terrace chippy is exactly the same as buying a sandwich in the coop or marksies - only more crowded 

But the Terrace Chippy doesn’t sell sandwiches. 
At least not the last time I was in there.

(and chip/ sausages butties don’t count, I’m talking about cheese and onion, ham and mustard, that sort of thing)

• Confused 1

Well done Tesco I hope the other retail outlets follow suit…no mask, no entry or service this half and half fannying  around is helping no one.   People deserve to shop safely these idiots who think they are above taking advice should stay at home and let the rest of us get on with our lives in a safe environment.   

try

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

But the Terrace Chippy doesn’t sell sandwiches. 
At least not the last time I was in there.

(and chip/ sausages butties don’t count, I’m talking about cheese and onion, ham and mustard, that sort of thing)

Wtf are you on about?

It is a place where you walk in and buy food which is given to you to take away.  You queue up and mix with other people in exactly the.same way you do in all of the below.

Which are “hospitality” and which are retail? (I assume you are trying to be funny rather than thick?)

Terrace Chippy

Islander

M&S food hall

Co-Op Duke Street

Co-Op Laxey

Spar Union Mills

Kings Spa

Mr B’s Willaston

Claire Christian Couture 

Heathers Baps