IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have never said there isn’t a pandemic.

I have never said we shouldn’t take it seriously.

I have never said that people should t wear masks.

I have never criticised anyone for wearing a mask.

I have ALWAYS said that the precautions aren’t logical or sensible and that there is no sense to them.

I have always said that there should be reasonable and consistent sensible messaging.

I have always supported sensible restrictions and precautions.

I don’t understand why people assume that any questioning of the government approach or public response immediately makes someone a COVID denying anti vaxer?

I am fully jabbed up and wear a mask when needed. Always have been

Where did you get any of that from my light hearted post. Do you have less sense of humour than me? I didn’t think that was possible.

I’m with you.

There is a pandemic.

We should take it seriously.

People should wear masks, out of courtesy and respect for others.

I’m not going to criticise anyone for their mask wearing choices, but I’m relaxed about them being mandated under penalty if necessary.

Distance, mask wearing and hand sterilisation are simple, logical and sensible - and they work to a degree. 

Messaging in UK has been inconsistent and confusing.

We probably differ on what’s sensible. And we were lulled into false sense of security by the sporadic success of the ultimately futile fortress island elimination policy.

I too have questioned the government approach, repeatedly.  I’m certainly not a covid denier, anti vaxxer, nor am I a member of the doom coven.

Ive more cause than most to be concerned. Immunocompromised, having my third primary dose tomorrow. Booster in March.

Having looked death in the face I am not going to let Covid stop me enjoying my new lease of life. I’m travelling, going to events. I observe the local regulations wherever I am. And everywhere, bar none, has had more mandated and voluntary mask use and covid pass inspections. If that allows me to get on with life it’s a small price to pay, as long as the right data protections are in place AND it’s temporary, just for as long as necessary. 

Im of the view that masks and distance have been necessary here, and in England, all the way through. I’m also of the view that the travel restrictions are at the correct level now. IoM restrictions were, bizarrely, less than England for several months, with transit exemption.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Wtf are you on about?

It is a place where you walk in and buy food which is given to you to take away.  You queue up and mix with other people in exactly the.same way you do in all of the below.

Which are “hospitality” and which are retail? (I assume you are trying to be funny rather than thick?)

Terrace Chippy

Islander

M&S food hall

Co-Op Duke Street

Co-Op Laxey

Spar Union Mills

Kings Spa

Mr B’s Willaston

Claire Christian Couture 

Heathers Baps

Heathers baps is(was?) outdoors so probably shouldn’t be included.  Far too nippy at this time of year and masks are irrelevant 

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Wtf are you on about?

It is a place where you walk in and buy food which is given to you to take away.  You queue up and mix with other people in exactly the.same way you do in all of the below.

Which are “hospitality” and which are retail? (I assume you are trying to be funny rather than thick?)

Terrace Chippy

Islander

M&S food hall

Co-Op Duke Street

Co-Op Laxey

Spar Union Mills

Kings Spa

Mr B’s Willaston

Claire Christian Couture 

Heathers Baps

You’ve missed Freshly Squeezed

55 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Well done Tesco I hope the other retail outlets follow suit…no mask, no entry or service this half and half fannying  around is helping no one.   People deserve to shop safely these idiots who think they are above taking advice should stay at home and let the rest of us get on with our lives in a safe environment.   

try

Only applies to UK stores because in the UK masks are mandatory, these emails are generic, they don’t separate emails based on the recipients address, it would be upto the IOM store whether it follows UK guidance (mandatory) or IOM guidance (Expected/Advised, not mandatory)

Edited by Annoymouse

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

Had a long chat with a friend who is a paramed in London.

They go and pick up yet another covid stricken patient who is unvaccinated and then have to drive through an anti-vaxxer demonstration taking place outside the hospital !

What is wrong with these people...???!!!

What are the chances hey...?

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

You must see the insanity of having or wanting to wear a mask to walk around ‘M&S and never getting within 5m of anyone else, but not when lined up in the terrace chippy (which is basically a shop for takeaway food) shoulder to shoulder with 15 other people?

I've said this about 4 times in the last 2 days so I presume you're willfully ignoring it now, but just in case you're not:

Many vulnerable people have to go food shopping. They do not have to go to a takeaway. That is why one should be masked, and the other not necessarily. The clientele and their necessity is the difference, not the general risk.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1