IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

31 minutes ago, Banker said:

You won’t find any link because he never said that, he said it will be 2 weeks before they know results of testing on new variant.,but carry on with parties 

Fake news from Ramsey again!

I reported exactly what was on the 3Fm news as I was driving into work.  Nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I seriously heard someone in the CS yesterday say it’s time to let some of these businesses go to the wall as we’ve thrown enough cash at them (like it’s even their cash, it’s taxpayers money) and if they still aren’t viable they need to shut up shop and adapt. A complete misunderstanding of what it’s like to be a business owner in the most challenging period in the last 100 years from someone who has gone through 3 lockdowns 100% paid even when ‘working from home’ for months on end. You really do despair sometimes. It’s time to roll this back before it’s too late.

Yet the same clowns in CS made sure that non of the hotels have suffered in the last 12 months.

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

If either the Health Secretary or Health Minister said that with the absence of any substantiated data then it was foolish of them.

I'd imagine there will be the data, let's be honest this variant has probably been circulating for months. If I'm being honest I don't take much notice of it anymore and generally zone out when covid is mentioned 

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I reported exactly what was on the 3Fm news as I was driving into work.  Nothing more.

Here’s the sky news report, nothing known if vaccinations effective yet, in fact it’s pretty downbeat 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-nervtag-scientists-cant-rule-out-omicron-causing-biggest-wave-of-infections-yet-that-may-overwhelm-nhs-12483709

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Here’s the sky news report, nothing known if vaccinations effective yet, in fact it’s pretty downbeat 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-nervtag-scientists-cant-rule-out-omicron-causing-biggest-wave-of-infections-yet-that-may-overwhelm-nhs-12483709

'cases' and hospitalisations are two entirely different things. 

It's funny though - optimistic claims are met with "well there isn't enough data, wait and see", but claims of doom and gloom (as above) are somehow not questioned in the same way. 

On a more positive note and using real world examples rather than "f0lL0w tEh sCiEnCe"...

https://www.cityam.com/covid-death-rate-not-rising-swap-travel-restrictions-and-mass-hysteria-for-cautious-optimism-as-omicron-mutation-is-super-mild-variant-who-and-coronavirus-experts-say/

Edited by James Blonde
  • Like 3

The sensible chap and Virologist Dr Chris Smith, was interesting this morning on Jeremy Vine (don't pre-judge me, it was a one off), he was commenting on data from Israel suggesting that early signs show that their fully vaccinated individuals should have good immunity from Omicron. What I found interesting was his suggestion that because the British population had a longer time frame between the two jabs, it could offer us better protection. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s full of contradictions and don’t knows. Very poorly written.

Seems there are already positive signs emerging elsewhere in the world that this new strain is barely any worse than Delta.

Key message: get vaccinated!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Key message: get vaccinated!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/29/jimmy-carr-urges-unvaccinated-fans-to-slap-themselves-across-the-face-15682947/

Picking the most contentious topic of the moment, Jimmy, 49, wasn’t fazed to rile up his own audience members.

‘Let’s talk about the controversial thing, the vaccine. Who’s not going to take the vaccine because they think it might be too dangerous?’ he asked fans. ‘Raise your hands…’

fter a brief pause looking out to the crowd, he continued: ‘Now take that hand and slap yourself in the f**king face.’

As most of the audience cheered, he said: ‘Hear that? It’s the voice of f**king reason, wasn’t it?

‘The spread of Covid was directly linked to how dense the population is and some of the population, really quite f**king dense.’

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Away with your and your positivity. It’s not welcome here. 

I think a large population of the population are suffering from something akin to Stockholm syndrome. Don’t want to see COVID go.

I have myself put several positive news stories on here over the last day, always some who have to look at them negatively; too small data size, only men, only vaccinated, only rich people, can’t trust Israel…

Just bring yourself to say it’s looking quite positive 😎

• Like 4