IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Ah, back to the good old days at old St. Mary's, that dark, dank and draughty edifice where, if the boiler even worked, heating was minimal and on the coldest days of winter, old Mr. Roney would stumble in with great big buckets of coal to throw on the fire roaring in the fireplace and us kids, in shorts and skirts, would shiver through the day. Outside toilets, cold tap only, but what a merry lot we were... 

Edited by quilp
More coal
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Ah, back to the good old days at old St. Mary's where, if the boiler even worked, heating was minimal and on the coldest days of winter, old Mr. Roney would stumble in with great big buckets of coal to throw on the fire roaring in the fireplace and us kids, in shorts and skirts, would shiver through the day. Outside toilets, cold tap only, but what a merry lot we were... 

quilps monthly ablutions.

images (5).jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Yes, and no. Moderna booster is a half dose. Pfizer booster is a full dose.

Thanks for pointing this out John. The jab received on the day was the Comirnaty/Pfizer solution. Manufactured in Germany or Switzerland.

A few side-effects but nothing of note. 

Edited by quilp
Manufacturers

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A lot of houses in the 60's in lower Douglas had no bathroom and an outside loo. The zinc bath was a vital part of keeping clean.

I recognise that as I'm sure lots of others on here will too.... along with the bedroom window with ice on the inside during Jan/Feb months.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I recognise that as I'm sure lots of others on here will too.... along with the bedroom window with ice on the inside during Jan/Feb months.

To be fair, Manx gas are doing their bit to bring that back by pricing people out of heating their homes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Quality said:

Really??!! It's fairly non-controversial stuff. What's rattled your cages in particular? 

well the fact he thinks that government advice issued on Sunday would show results 3 days later is worrying

talking about potentially going back to square 1

he says ignoring advice will lead to stricter controls, (not it might it will)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I have just read Juan Wattersons post on facebook, wow is all I can say. Talk about stoking the fear and is it any wonder businesses are concerned about parties being cancelled when an elected official is posting that tripe.

Very anti-Government. Is he the self-elected opposition spokesperson 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

It's correct though. If the variant was found to be vaccine resistant we would be back to square one. Obviously that looks increasingly unlikely as most rationale readers of the post would understand and wait to have confirmed. It's weird that only the most vocal anti-restriction / anti-government / anti-mask / anti-vaccine / covid-denier types seem to get scared by or even notice "scaremongering".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The “back to square one” comment alone is totally unwarranted and basically the worst form of scaremongering I’ve seen in a while. He also suggests people aren’t following guidance and basically it’s their fault not government that cases are claiming. Across the board it’s a fairly shitty thing for someone in his position to have done. 

87877062-D0A3-4264-8727-31C9A9EFDDAD.jpeg

We’ll never be back to square one. 

Juan is conflating vaccine resistance and the vaccine being useless. Even if it was, we’d have a vaccine within 5 months for the new variant. 

Of course, the vaccine is very cleverly designed as is, to mitigate against variants like the one we’re seeing. The vaccine targets the bit that won’t work to infect human cells if it changes too much. It’ll always be at least partially effective.

It seems to me like a lacking basic understanding of what’s actually happening. 

• Like 6