IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Manx17 said:

We’ve probably nearly all had it already any way

Quite, but it's probable that there's many asymptomatic cases that have gone undiagnosed, or passed-off as a cold or 'flu these past months. Possibly enabling mutations to flourish, obviously in other parts of the world rather than here. But just because you may've had one variant it doesn't mean you won't fall foul of another. Even then, the level and longevity of naturally-acquired immunity, to each variant, isn't certain.

I'm sure you know this.

Here’s hoping people do their bit for the beleaguered hospitality industry and take an LFT and head out to the pubs, clubs and restaurants this weekend.

We are hopefully all knocking off and lunchtime and making an afternoon and evening of it and I am hearing of quite a few arranging smaller departmental dos since the main one has been cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Here’s hoping people do their bit for the beleaguered hospitality industry and take an LFT and head out to the pubs, clubs and restaurants this weekend.

We are hopefully all knocking off and lunchtime and making an afternoon and evening of it and I am hearing of quite a few arranging smaller departmental dos since the main one has been cancelled.

I will be doing my bit this weekend across the pubs of Douglas, that will keep them going for a bit lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

The lovely young man who gave me my shot on Tuesday told me that with two shots, last one in May, I was currently 64% protected but after my booster I was 93% protected. I’ve no idea whether it was bollocks or not but it certainly made me feel better.

Glad to hear it wasn’t bollocks after all. 

Those numbers were on sky news a few weeks ago

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

The lovely young man who gave me my shot on Tuesday told me that with two shots, last one in May, I was currently 64% protected but after my booster I was 93% protected. I’ve no idea whether it was bollocks or not but it certainly made me feel better.

Glad to hear it wasn’t bollocks after all. 

Was it this young man?!!!:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Being on Sky news doesn’t exactly reassure me. 

Sky will only report on what their media group overlords (currently Comcast i think) tell them to, if they say the moon is made of cheese then thats what they will tell everyone.

Edited by The Chief
  • Like 1