IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Here’s hoping people do their bit for the beleaguered hospitality industry and take an LFT and head out to the pubs, clubs and restaurants this weekend.

We are hopefully all knocking off and lunchtime and making an afternoon and evening of it and I am hearing of quite a few arranging smaller departmental dos since the main one has been cancelled.

Which is basically what I told you would happen. It's Christmas and people want to celebrate. Hospitality wil not suffer. It really has not suffered since June. Quite the opposite. But some are just looking for hand outs. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Which is basically what I told you would happen. It's Christmas and people want to celebrate. Hospitality wil not suffer. It really has not suffered since June. Quite the opposite. But some are just looking for hand outs. 

Hospitality is suffering a lot , I know someone who has a restaurant & has had £4/5000 worth of cancellations including a large whole restaurant booking which he will be unlikely to fill.

Many hospitality establishments on Facebook advertising space at peak times due to lots of cancellations 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cambon said:

You sir are an idiot if you believe that nonsense

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

The lovely young man who gave me my shot on Tuesday told me that with two shots, last one in May, I was currently 64% protected but after my booster I was 93% protected. I’ve no idea whether it was bollocks or not but it certainly made me feel better.

68.3% of statistics are made up on the spot. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

Alf is reporting that the lab at Nobles can now test for the new variant. Time to find out if its already here or not :)

I predict by Sunday night it will be confirmed that variant is on island and people will lose their shit big time. 

Me I'm getting bevvied over the weekend 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I predict by Sunday night it will be confirmed that variant is on island and people will lose their shit big time. 

Me I'm getting bevvied over the weekend 

It’s a real shame the variant didn’t originate from here in the first place, would really have put us on the map.

• Haha 3