IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Recent research into CVST (cerebral vein sinus thrombosis) occurrence following vaccination is revealing. Should the jabs be aspirated? In cases where the vaccine has entered a vein, severe illness has presented with 412 deaths as a result. By drawing back on the syringe (aspirating) after putting the needle in, the injector can tell if the needle has entered a vein, something, as the research points out, you don't want as the vaccine is introduced in quantity into the bloodstream. Once again Dr. John explains it clearly...

https://youtu.be/D6hUoosMOuU

4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Very balanced Sky News nowadays. Yesterday they had a story from one of their science correspondents saying Omicron would be a disaster and one from another saying things would be just fine.

And that I'm afraid is what passes for 'balance' in most media nowadays.  Let's not bother to evaluate the information, especially if the result is "We don't know".  Let's just put up what we see as two extreme views and blather about letting people decide when we're not giving them to information to do so.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, quilp said:

Recent research into CVST (cerebral vein sinus thrombosis) occurrence following vaccination is revealing. Should the jabs be aspirated? In cases where the vaccine has entered a vein, severe illness has presented with 412 deaths as a result. By drawing back on the syringe (aspirating) after putting the needle in, the injector can tell if the needle has entered a vein, something, as the research points out, you don't want as the vaccine is introduced in quantity into the bloodstream. Once again Dr. John explains it clearly...

https://youtu.be/D6hUoosMOuU

Not quite as bad as you think, 'only' 73 of those 412 incidents resulted in deaths.  And as Dr Campbell pointed out, the risk of such incidents is much higher from catching Covid that from vaccination. 

One of the problems with the reporting of side effects has been that the (rare) incidence of them has been compared with that in a population under normal circumstances.  But that isn't the situation here, where there's a widely spread disease, which vaccination protects against and even more important protects against severe forms of.  A pre-Covid population isn't the right thing to compare with because that can't (and doesn't) exist any longer.

(That isn't ignoring his point about aspirating when doing injections, but that's got wider implications.  It may help explain why we saw similar levels of the same side effects with other vaccines though).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

To be honest if I got a negative pcr test meaning I wasn't then stuck indoors for 10 days I'd be over the moon, not paying money to send it to privte labs

Meaning you'd be willingly spreading it in the community?

I don't get the sending it private, but if I had symptoms and had positive LFDs still, I'd keep isolating.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Meaning you'd be willingly spreading it in the community?

I don't get the sending it private, but if I had symptoms and had positive LFDs still, I'd keep isolating.

Well I wouldn't be willingly spreading it as my test had come back negative, over the past couple of months I've had a few runny noses, sore throats,  head aches if I'd stayed at home on every occasion I wouldn't have left ghe house in 3 months. 

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Well I wouldn't be willingly spreading it as my test had come back negative, over the past couple of months I've had a few runny noses, sore throats,  head aches if I'd stayed at home on every occasion I wouldn't have left ghe house in 3 months. 

Isn't the point that the PCR should be showing the positive?

@rachomicswhat's the odds on multiple positive LFD but negative PCR?

Edited by NoTailT

Just arrived back into Manchester using the transfer within 24 hrs route. No one checked any paperwork ! QR codes or the like . No one. !!! A automatic machine checked my image/passport and that was it. The check in desk in Madeira had a quick glance , didnt need to see my NHS vaccination certificate so all a bit pointless really if they dont check.

• Like 1