IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Swab testing at the grandstand has always raised some comments, quite a few people over the last year have said some don’t go that far up the nose whatsoever, but the human DNA test that Dr Glover set up covers that possible error so who knows what is going on.

Edited by Annoymouse

37 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Okay I accept your explanation but not sure about it . Lets see how I get on in the morning at Ronaldsway . 

It will be fine, family yesterday came from a France and went through no problems, as long as you have QR code & have PCR booked 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Why would anyone do 4 LFTs a day?

Sorry, know that seemes excessive. When I contacted the lab they wondered if it was an issue in FlowFlex vs Hughes, so have been doing them side by side on some of the recent tests. Even the lab thought it was a 'cross-reaction' and were surprised to find out she was actually positive.

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Sorry, know that seemes excessive. When I contacted the lab they wondered if it was an issue in FlowFlex vs Hughes, so have been doing them side by side on some of the recent tests. Even the lab thought it was a 'cross-reaction' and were surprised to find out she was actually positive.

Who was the lab Jay?

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Who was the lab Jay?

They've asked not to be publicly named and I've got to respect that. Sorry.

But they're issuing a medically certified certificate of positive result and I've got to send that to 111 by email along with what's happened for them to look at if they get time tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Expecting any form of test to be 100% infallible is simply unrealistic. All ‘gold standard’ really means is more reliable than other types of test for the same disease. It doesn’t mean ‘100% accurate in all cases’ 

I get that. It does seem there's quite a few incidents recently of people having positive LFD, symptoms, yet negative PCR, however. 

Maybe the LFDs are better than the PCR..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Anyway out on town tonight & it was very quiet, the restaurant was about 80% full , lots of cancellations. The railway, bridge & seven kingdoms were very quiet  around 9.30

You must be having whale of a time using MF when out on the town..

Didn't realise 7K had a place in Jersey too..

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Even the BMJ states that PCR is around 70% accurate so this should hardly be a surprise to anyone.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n287/rr

Did you actually read that?  It's not what "the BMJ states" it's the opinion in one reader's letter which seems to have based the 70% on absolutely no evidence at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1