IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Just make a website so people can book their times. Have a phone line for anyone who really struggles with online. Simple. 

Why pointlessly over-complicate it like this? Your solution is vastly more difficult to do than you imply - as you would know if you have any experience at all of trying to implement booking systems.

Why not just give people a time to turn up?

ETA:  you'd be whining about the cost of your solution when the bill came in.

Edited by pongo

12 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

The people doing the jabbing could keep up with it. It's just the bureaucrats smothering the system as usual. 

I’m in my mid 50s, so if as expected and likely based upon current performance, it’s going to be almost or more than 7 months since my second vaccination, which defeats the object of rule change by the JCVI. Also it’s rather telling the amount of people so far missing booster vaccination appointments. Perhaps they should be done last? I’m sure those who refuse to be vaccinated due to ‘principles’, and then wish to be vaccinated, will be accommodated very easily within the system, over those, who comply and obey the rules.

17 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

That has gone a bit “viral” and is a national embarrassment to be honest.

A contact in Canada had seen it last week on a local group and was pissing himself.

Is that genuine? It would have been even greater comedy gold if they had used one of Quayles press conferences.

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

Why pointlessly over-complicate it like this? Your solution is vastly more difficult to do than you imply - as you would know if you have any experience at all of trying to implement booking systems.

The letter I got had a date and time to attend. No calling up.

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

The letter I got had a date and time to attend. No calling up.

Yes mine too , was supposed to have been last Thursday but rang them as going to be away and they rescheduled for Monday. Also on another matter had my PCR test at 9 this morning and despite them saying in correspondents it would be 24 to 48 hours results came through by 6 today. Really impressed tbh . So free to go about my business .  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pongo said:

It’s an IOM thing to over complicate things. It’s obvious now they scrapped the airport hub that they can’t managed, especially now the rules and vaccination length of time between vaccination have changed. The age groups have changed, No doubt IOMG will be finding another piece of its portfolio to spend tens of thousands of pounds, So it’s clinically acceptable. It’s a shame they can’t use local village halls as vaccination hubs,

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can check the serial number of a lateral flow test to see where it was issued and the status of any result?

I have staff sending a photo of a positive test, but refusing to give any more info and I think they might have just found an image online.

Google lens can’t help.

thanks 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can check the serial number of a lateral flow test to see where it was issued and the status of any result?

I have staff sending a photo of a positive test, but refusing to give any more info and I think they might have just found an image online.

Google lens can’t help.

thanks 

You tried reverse image search ? Or is that the same as google lense ? 

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s an IOM thing to over complicate things. It’s obvious now they scrapped the airport hub that they can’t managed, especially now the rules and vaccination length of time between vaccination have changed. The age groups have changed, No doubt IOMG will be finding another piece of its portfolio to spend tens of thousands of pounds, So it’s clinically acceptable. It’s a shame they can’t use local village halls as vaccination hubs,

Actually, looking at the vaccination dashboard, about a quarter of vaccinations since the start of October (89% of which have been boosters or third doses) were done outside Chester Street, mostly in GP practices, but also in care homes, people's own home and local hubs.  These will tend to be the older or more more difficult to manage patients and so more labour-intensive.  The real problem is more that they just didn't do many vaccinations in November and they still aren't using Chester Street at weekends.

20 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Google lens can’t help.

thanks 

Just ask for a selfie with it?

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Tried that.  They binned it this afternoon apparently 🙄

I didn’t actually ask for selfie.  I asked them to send me another picture or the PCR result .

They are definitely blagging.  He wanted time off this coming week but we were too busy and it was to short notice.

I will send they boys round to do some surveillance 😂