IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

I didn’t actually ask for selfie.  I asked them to send me another picture or the PCR result .

They are definitely blagging.  He wanted time off this coming week but we were too busy and it was to short notice.

I will send they boys round to do some surveillance 😂

Just tell them you're sending round a 3rd party lab to test between X and Y tomorrow morning to confirm. See if they chirp up.. Good blag.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

I didn’t actually ask for selfie.  I asked them to send me another picture or the PCR result .

They are definitely blagging.  He wanted time off this coming week but we were too busy and it was to short notice.

I will send they boys round to do some surveillance 😂

He won't be able to go down the pub then either.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Why pointlessly over-complicate it like this? Your solution is vastly more difficult to do than you imply - as you would know if you have any experience at all of trying to implement booking systems.

Why not just give people a time to turn up?

ETA:  you'd be whining about the cost of your solution when the bill came in.

I have experience of implementing this kind of thing. It's not complicated at all if done right. 

Costs? Really? This kind of thing would actually be useful to people and life on the island so why would that be an issue?

It would actually save money as it would result in fewer wasted doses of vaccine. 

Edited by James Blonde

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Get them to do a test while your present then..masked up etc and at a suitable distance or your not believing him 

Can you imagine if it was the employee posting that his boss was making him do that?  There would be outrage, and quite rightly.

This is a screwed up situation.  He expects me to pay him to sit on his arse for a while.  What am I supposed to do?

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Can you imagine if it was the employee posting that his boss was making him do that?  There would be outrage, and quite rightly.

This is a screwed up situation.  He expects me to pay him to sit on his arse for a while.  What am I supposed to do?

But what he should be doing anyway is getting a confirmatory PCR test done at the Grandstand - and that seems to be happening quite fast at the moment according to Numbnuts, so he should have to wait long for either test or result (as I said above they've actually been busier).

49 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can check the serial number of a lateral flow test to see where it was issued and the status of any result?

I have staff sending a photo of a positive test, but refusing to give any more info and I think they might have just found an image online.

Google lens can’t help.

thanks 

I thought from previous correspondence it was a happy crew, all giving up their time to work on projects at the weekend etc, when not obliged to, (unless attending a christening) in return for a relaxed attitude when time off needed to look after sick relatives and the like.

Give and take etc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I thought from previous correspondence it was a happy crew, all giving up their time to work on projects at the weekend etc, when not obliged to, (unless attending a christening) in return for a relaxed attitude when time off needed to look after sick relatives and the like.

Give and take etc

If he has it (after doing a test, and not otherwise knowing) he can have any time off he needs.

The conversation this week about needing time off next week just makes me a bit suspicious, especially when he is still in his probation period.

I was only asking a simple question.

21 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

What any normal employer does ask for the confirmation PCR test as no one with any sense pays out on LFTS not even government 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Give and take etc

Did you remember that or search it?

Either way it might be the saddest insight to someone’s Saturday evening I have ever had 😂

• Haha 1