IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, quilp said:

You're still expected to isolate if the LFT is positive without a PCR. I suppose the 'arrangement' is based on trust then, yet no one seems to be keeping tabs. 

Exactly the issue for me right now as an employer.  I would like to see some

evidence  that the bloke who asked for time off last minute and was refused is actually positive

Here's a moan about the new arrivals procedures for international travellers ...

Fly from France to UK, land in London 6pm Saturday evening. Need to take a pre departure test in France.  

Here's the annoying bit. If staying in the UK the traveller can do a test immediately after landing in London and get the negative result about 14 hours later. So free to leave quarantine on Sunday morning.

However, if travelling to IOM, it's transit. So no UK arrival test. When landing in IOM irrespective of any UK arrival test, the traveller needs to declare that they have been in France. Therefore, IOM requires a PCR test. 

Likelihood is that you land in IOM Sunday evening. 

The traveller can't do the PCR test until Monday morning - that's if an early appointment is available.  Result perhaps Monday night, maybe even Tuesday.

Clearly doing the test in the UK is more advantageous if you're desire is to be released from quarantine asap.

Why can't the IOM accept the negative result that the traveller gets in the UK ? Thus, negating any requirement to quarantine on island?

• Like 2

I see Julie Edge MHK Onchan is all over IOMNP with announcement…………….. she has Covid. Complete with LFT indicator and PCR result. Was she trying to outdo others who are getting Covid? Tim Glover for example. From a personal perspective I wouldn’t wish harm on anyone, but a simple statement would be suffice, without an over the top me me and me comment. There are many on this island who have had it, many have died but they aren’t shouting about it over social media. 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:43 PM, NoTailT said:

You do know you enter your passport number on your UK landing form, right?

Or did you expect someone to manually check that? If your passport at the eGate wasn't attached to a landing form, you'd have been sent to one side for checking.

UK Gov is very joined up. Medical, DVLA, Borders, HMRC, the lot. They know if you have vax from UK based on name and DOB..

I get it now but having not travelled for so long initially took me by surprise that they seemingly are so joined up and efficient. Thanks for your subtle but courteous comment 😊🙏🏻

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Tim Glover aside I can see why an MHK would do it though as it only takes one Facebook moaner to say you’ve not answered an email or a message or refused to meet someone. At least if they know nobody will be expecting a meeting for 10 days etc. 

I accept that, a simple message would be suffice without bells and whistles 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:43 PM, NoTailT said:

You do know you enter your passport number on your UK landing form, right?

Or did you expect someone to manually check that? If your passport at the eGate wasn't attached to a landing form, you'd have been sent to one side for checking.

UK Gov is very joined up. Medical, DVLA, Borders, HMRC, the lot. They know if you have vax from UK based on name and DOB..

The airline is responsible for checking the landing form and associated passport number when you check in and/or at the departure gate. Upon landing in the UK Border Force are only doing spot checks on the landing forms. Egates aren't linked to the UK locator form system

Edited by snowman
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, snowman said:

Here's a moan about the new arrivals procedures for international travellers ...

Fly from France to UK, land in London 6pm Saturday evening. Need to take a pre departure test in France.  

Here's the annoying bit. If staying in the UK the traveller can do a test immediately after landing in London and get the negative result about 14 hours later. So free to leave quarantine on Sunday morning.

However, if travelling to IOM, it's transit. So no UK arrival test. When landing in IOM irrespective of any UK arrival test, the traveller needs to declare that they have been in France. Therefore, IOM requires a PCR test. 

Likelihood is that you land in IOM Sunday evening. 

The traveller can't do the PCR test until Monday morning - that's if an early appointment is available.  Result perhaps Monday night, maybe even Tuesday.

Clearly doing the test in the UK is more advantageous if you're desire is to be released from quarantine asap.

Why can't the IOM accept the negative result that the traveller gets in the UK ? Thus, negating any requirement to quarantine on island?

Apart from the fact you’ve got to do a test, ok it’s an LFT, if you arrive from UK anyway.

Its to keep it simple. Everyone has to have a test, here, of one type or another.

Its certainly fast moving. I’m meeting a friend, from Spain, who arrives Liverpool on Friday. Driving to London. Booked months ago. LFT booked and paid for. Then had to book a PCR instead and isolate. Getting test at Speke on day zero. Now had to book an LFT in Spain before departure. No refund on the arrival LFT.

I

Travelling away from the island isn’t any more fun either. On the way to Sofia. Checked the requirements on the UK website and clearly says vaccine certificate OR test is ok to enter. Get to airport, easyJet won’t let you board unless you have both based on their guidance. The high tech system in place is one glance at my phone and then receiving a little piece of paper to hand over at the gate. 

I know they’ll only glance at this when I arrive, too, if at all. It all feels like useless theatre. 

AEBF4F9B-72F6-42DE-891A-908934C5EAAD.png

D4D4A517-A8A9-40F3-97FF-13C1F30DE777.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Travelling away from the island isn’t any more fun either. On the way to Sofia. Checked the requirements on the UK website and clearly says vaccine certificate OR test is ok to enter. Get to airport, easyJet won’t let you board unless you have both based on their guidance. The high tech system in place is one glance at my phone and then receiving a little piece of paper to hand over at the gate. 

I know they’ll only glance at this when I arrive, too, if at all. It all feels like useless theatre. 

AEBF4F9B-72F6-42DE-891A-908934C5EAAD.png

D4D4A517-A8A9-40F3-97FF-13C1F30DE777.jpeg

UK is on BG red list. It’s both if entering direct. Has been for months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

UK is on BG red list. It’s both if entering direct. Has been for months.

UK website advice is wrong then. 

edit: it changed recently as last time I went it wasn’t red anymore. 

New Austrian vaccination law coming into force in 2022 seems to stipulate €2000 fine if you refuse to be vaccinated and it’s for every time you refuse, plus prison up to one year. Seems you’ll be locked up in a special prison or segregated area and the killer is that the prisoner is made to pay for the stay. I’m generally pro vaccine but that’s going too far. 

• Like 1