IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well these are the official rates with UK at 35.2 https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

No one including Howie mates Guernsey except Iom seems to use ONS figures which differ greatly from official statistics and wondered why we are only country using this method?

What. The. Fuck?

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What. The. Fuck?

Exactly why the fuck are we using figures that no one else uses for borders restrictions?

according to every other

countryIncluding Guernsey  UK rate is 35 per 100k over 14 days not 50 as Howie states! Also Channel Islands cut off is 30/100k so why ours different?

Edited by Banker

The ons figures are released on a Friday I think, and are normally a 7 day rolling average.Judging by how the cases rates appear to have risen recently I'd expect the next report to display that. All of the info is on the ons website.

Also, these are questions you can go and ask Ashford on his roadshow. Why don't you?

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The ons figures are released on a Friday I think, and are normally a 7 day rolling average.Judging by how the cases rates appear to have risen recently I'd expect the next report to display that. All of the info is on the ons website.

Also, these are questions you can go and ask Ashford on his roadshow. Why don't you?

Just thought someone on here would know why we are out of line with everyone else but suppose it’s Manx solutions etc etc!!!

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Banker said:

most come home at Xmas in my experience

Maybe. Normally. Perhaps, these days.

But clearly it currently makes sense for people to travel as little as possible. Can't you all just worship the Christmas fairy together on Skype?

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just thought someone on here would know why we are out of line with everyone else but suppose it’s Manx solutions etc etc!!!

I posted about this a few pages back. Why we use base 5000 when everyone else uses base 100,000 is inexplicable.

The Howie 50 against ONS 35 is probably because Howie used the figures from a single day whereas ONS is a rolling 7 day figure.

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I posted about this a few pages back. Why we use base 5000 when everyone else uses base 100,000 is inexplicable.

The Howie 50 against ONS 35 is probably because Howie used the figures from a single day whereas ONS is a rolling 7 day figure.

Yes it's bizarre, they've obviously come up with this measure which is out of line with everyone else but won't change as they would have to say they made an error.