IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Well that would suit your rhetoric just fine then wouldn’t it, seeing as you’ve been banging on about letting everyone catch it willy nilly. 

I shall sleep so much better tonight knowing I have pleased you. 

No rhetoric it was a simple and honest question and you have answered it honestly with “I don’t”

I am convinced many of those who are most scared of catching it have actually had it.

I am not including you as one of those most scared by the way, just making a point.  It has been flying through the population for months now and if people haven’t been doing lfts regularly there is no way of knowing if they have had it or been passing it on.

That is unfortunately a fact that can’t be argued with.  Anyone who hasn’t tested at least once a week could have had it without knowing.

If you get this response after booking a booster like we did.

• Date:   08/12/2021 Moderna  
  • Time:   11:30 
  • Type:   Moderna First/Second 

the fact that it says First/ Second and not Booster is fine. Apparently it’s a ‘glitch’

save yourself a phone call checking. 

5 hours ago, sm-iom said:

Government announce booster online applications now open to my age group. Front page of website confirms. Fill form out, press submit. Automated email rejection, not open to my age group....

I'm in over 50's and managed to get an appointment but it said vaccination appointment, then two hrs later another email said booster appointment. Teething troubles with online booking, just hope they don't try to give me all three at once😅

I had an antigen test when I was going for a  blood test my ,doctor asked me if I would and I did.   I got a letter from the hospital saying I had not had it.  By memory I thought that the government purchased 10,000 of these but only used five.   Perhaps they realised once they had started the vaccination programme the antigen tests would not hold water.    I have never seen any results for this published.

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I am convinced many of those who are most scared of catching it have actually had it.

Not that I’m scared (quite the opposite, I’m quite blasé - not about spreading it, but about catching it), but I don’t think I can get it. I must have been exposed - I’m out and about all the time - several bandmates have had it, but I seem to have avoided. I’m fully vaxxed, which might help, but seemingly despite my best efforts at getting covid I’m immune. My kids seem to be the same. Genetic insusceptibility perhaps? There is meant to be a proportion of the population that don’t get it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

Booster today, thanks to whoever reminded to have your consent form filled in prior. In and jabbed within 5 minutes while a colleague took nearly 30 mins pissing around with paperwork and queuing. 

Your mate was slack as then . I had mine this morning too and with filling in form etc was in and out in less than 10 . Pretty slick tbh and also had the holding room for the 15 minutes which everyone seemed to be observing. Unlike airport when you just walked out and away you went. Lovely staff once again like in airport. Just a pity management lets them down continually but gets paid far too much for the privilege in most cases.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

I had an antigen test when I was going for a  blood test my ,doctor asked me if I would and I did.   I got a letter from the hospital saying I had not had it.  By memory I thought that the government purchased 10,000 of these but only used five.   Perhaps they realised once they had started the vaccination programme the antigen tests would not hold water.    I have never seen any results for this published.

They published an interim report then canned the idea somewhere in the middle of 2020, deciding that it wouldn't be representative as too much time had elapsed.

30 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Your mate was slack as then . I had mine this morning too and with filling in form etc was in and out in less than 10 . Pretty slick tbh and also had the holding room for the 15 minutes which everyone seemed to be observing. Unlike airport when you just walked out and away you went. 

It's to do with the particular vaccine used.  At the Airport they were only administering AstraZeneca, but the boosters are mostly Pfizer.  For that, there's always been the requirement that you wait 15 minutes. 

The time you have to queue to actually get jabbed seems to vary a lot and isn't much to do with filling in forms.  As with most queuing situations it's probably got more to do with how many people are vaccinating at a particular time, just one or two less will mean the queue lengthens quite rapidly.  When I was there they had to bring out more barriers as the queue had snaked so many times.

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Don’t you mean antibody test? Was this August, approx, last year? LFT and PCR are antigen tests.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Don’t you mean antibody test? Was this August, approx, last year? LFT and PCR are antigen tests.

PCR is not an antigen test, it detects the viral RNA. Antigens refer to the proteins (such as the spike protein we all know about) that make up the shell of the virus. 

• Thanks 1

Kary Mullis says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOJKuSKw5c

"Kary Banks Mullis (December 28, 1944 – August 7, 2019) was an American biochemist. In recognition of his role in the invention of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technique, he shared the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Michael Smith[3] and was awarded the Japan Prize in the same year."

Pay attention.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

well they aren't going to go around telling folks that aren't vaccinated that their actual immune system did what it was supposed to do without a vaccine,  keep up please.

8 hours ago, philwebs said:

Kary Mullis says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOJKuSKw5c

"Kary Banks Mullis (December 28, 1944 – August 7, 2019) was an American biochemist. In recognition of his role in the invention of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technique, he shared the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Michael Smith[3] and was awarded the Japan Prize in the same year."

Pay attention.

You can find the source for that. I've posted it before.

It was in reference to fairly early HIV-denying bollocks. https://www.virusmyth.org/aids/hiv/jlprotease.htm

Kary Mullis, who won the Nobel Prize in Science for inventing the PCR, is thoroughly convinced that HIV is not the cause of "AIDS". With regard to the viral load tests, which attempt to use PCR for counting viruses, Mullis has stated: "Quantitative PCR is an oxymoron." PCR is intended to identify substances qualitatively, but by its very nature is unsuited for estimating numbers. Although there is a common misimpression that the viral load tests actually count the number of viruses in the blood, these tests cannot detect free, infectious viruses at all; they can only detect proteins that are believed, in some cases wrongly, to be unique to HIV. The tests can detect genetic sequences of viruses, but not viruses themselves.

This is what anti-vaxxers are holding onto as an underpinning of their 'COVID is a con' myth, without having any real notion of where the 'claim', which is tenuous at best, came from. From a bloke who denies AIDS is really caused by HIV.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Like 1

I went to my childs nativity yesterday, sat in the hall and all the doors and windows were open. I was sat in a fleece and it was freezing, I felt sorry the kids in their costumes that were pretty thin and if this is what is they are putting up with every day it is no wonder kids are coming home with colds etc. to be honest I am still pretty angry about it but not exactly much you can do about it.