IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

17 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No you’re ridiculous trolly interpretation of the facts I posted led you to wrongly claim that. 

You’re just a troll so best ignore to be honest. Thanks. I’m not sure how pointing out reality and validating it with actual photographic evidence is in anyway anti mask. I’ve not at any point advocated not wearing a mask, just pointed out that the reality is that not as many people as some report here are wearing masks.

One of many from last week claiming very few wearing masks, along with photos of mannequins & others about a queue outside a chippy😂

Edited by Banker

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You’re just a troll. Switched your arguments on the borders just to troll from the opposite direction. Nobody is interested.

Borders & face masks are 2 different things !! So now you’re denying you said no one was wearing masks? 
don’t worry you’re side kick Ramsey Boi will be along soon to support your agenda 😂

15 minutes ago, Zarley said:

@philwebs Take your aids-denialist Murdering Mullis and fuck the fuck off. 

@AcousticallyChallenged you can take your aids-denialist website and fuck the fuck off too. There are better, non-denialist sources out there for information. Your research skills are normally quite good. Not this time. Fuck off. 

It's not meant as information. I've updated my post to highlight the site as bollocks. I apologise.

It simply is just the original source of the 'PCR is not a diagnostic tool' quote that people often tout as some hidden holy grail to justify their COVID-denial.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Borders & face masks are 2 different things !! So now you’re denying you said no one was wearing masks? 
don’t worry you’re side kick Ramsey Boi will be along soon to support your agenda 😂

Here I am! Just back of a popular convenience store which rhymes with grow-plop where I can report that in the branch I was in even the staff have given up on masks.

Checkout and shelf stackers, not a mask to be seen amongst them or the there’s other customer I observed.

• Haha 1

I had to stop in three different shops after my covid booster today, and everyone in all three shops had masks on.

I reckon word's gotten out round the island and every shop has someone on lookout.

"Here comes Ramseytroll! Quick everyone, MASKS OFF!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Everyone in the Castletown row-hop I was in tonight was wearing masks. Including the staff.

In other news: I was told today that Clare Christians (now-ex?) Husband was awarded the contract to supply LFDs to the Government, with no tender process. Just awarded. No PPE or medical background.

Edited by NoTailT

15 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I had to stop in three different shops after my covid booster today, and everyone in all three shops had masks on.

I reckon word's gotten out round the island and every shop has someone on lookout.

"Here comes Ramseytroll! Quick everyone, MASKS OFF!!!"

Just saying it as I see it.  The experiences people post on here don’t reflect what I see when out and about at all.

We did have one bloke come into our office today masked up so everyone without hesitation or having to be told put theirs on.

He was the first of what must be over a hundred people since the guidance changed.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Just saying it as I see it.  The experiences people post on here don’t reflect what I see when out and about at all.

We did have one bloke come into our office today masked up so everyone without hesitation or having to be told put theirs on.

He was the first of what must be over a hundred people since the guidance changed.

i was in somewhere that rhymes with Tescos  a few days ago and most people had masks on, same for marxys.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

No war, just observation.
Just done my every other day LFT as well high I have been doing for a few weeks now in addition to when ever I felt a bit ropey.

Just being a responsible  citizen and all that.

You're having a laugh!

Mask-wearing linked to 53% cut in Covid incidence, global study finds

Researchers said results highlight the need to continue with face coverings, social distancing and handwashing alongside vaccine programmes.

Mask-wearing is the single most effective public health measure at tackling Covid, according to the first global study of its kind, which found that the measure was linked to a 53% fall in the incidence of the disease.

Vaccines are safe and effective and saving lives around the world. But most do not confer 100% protection, most countries have not vaccinated everyone, and it is not yet known if jabs will prevent future transmission of emerging coronavirus variants.

Globally, Covid cases exceeded 250 million this month. The virus is still infecting 50 million people worldwide every 90 days due to the highly transmissible Delta variant, with thousands dying each day.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/17/wearing-masks-single-most-effective-way-to-tackle-covid-study-finds

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Everyone in the Castletown row-hop I was in tonight was wearing masks. Including the staff.

In other news: I was told today that Clare Christians (now-ex?) Husband was awarded the contract to supply LFDs to the Government, with no tender process. Just awarded. No PPE or medical background.

Interesting. I read in the EAG minutes a while ago he was declaring a conflict of interest for being involved / advising a company on supplying  to the island. 

Edited by 747-400

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

You're having a laugh!

Mask-wearing linked to 53% cut in Covid incidence, global study finds

Researchers said results highlight the need to continue with face coverings, social distancing and handwashing alongside vaccine programmes.

Mask-wearing is the single most effective public health measure at tackling Covid, according to the first global study of its kind, which found that the measure was linked to a 53% fall in the incidence of the disease.

Vaccines are safe and effective and saving lives around the world. But most do not confer 100% protection, most countries have not vaccinated everyone, and it is not yet known if jabs will prevent future transmission of emerging coronavirus variants.

Globally, Covid cases exceeded 250 million this month. The virus is still infecting 50 million people worldwide every 90 days due to the highly transmissible Delta variant, with thousands dying each day.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/17/wearing-masks-single-most-effective-way-to-tackle-covid-study-finds

What?  Where did I say I was anti mask wearing?

Do you skim read and make assumptions?