IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

What?  Where did I say I was anti mask wearing?

Do you skim read and make assumptions?

So from now on you'll be wearing a mask. Good.

After all, the possibility that you may have infected someone who went on to perish from the virus is twice as high because you clearly don't heed expert advice...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, P.K. said:

So from now on you'll be wearing a mask. Good.

After all, the possibility that you may have infected someone who went on to perish from the virus is twice as high because you clearly don't heed expert advice...

Since vaccines rolled out there have been a small number of deaths on island.

What exactly are the odds  that I contracted COVID, didn’t have symptoms or pick it up with an LFT, then happened to pass it onto someone I walked past in a supermarket for a few seconds.

what are the odds of that person then happening to be one of the incredibly small percentage of infected people who die as a result?

That is some bet!  The odds would be hundreds of billions to one.

Plus I have always stated I wear masks around anyone else who is.  I have simply pointed out that I don’t see that many people bothering day to day.

You might need to get a grip!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

What exactly are the odds  that I contracted COVID, didn’t have symptoms or pick it up with an LFT, then happened to pass it onto someone I walked past in a supermarket for a few seconds.

what are the odds of that person then happening to be one of the incredibly small percentage of infected people who die as a result?

That is some bet!  The odds would be hundreds of billions to one.

Plus I have always stated I wear masks around anyone else who is.  I have simply pointed out that I don’t see that many people bothering day to day.

You might need to get a grip!

Get a grip of what?

You keep banging on and on about people not wearing masks as if it's some kind of personal crusade.

The figures show that wearing a mask plus the other simple mitigations slow the spread of the virus by over half. This is a good thing.

In any event masks are such a minor inconvenience it's really churlish not to wear one...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You boys still squabbling about face coverings whilst the Tory Government are exposed for taking the piss out of the entire COVID situation?

Make sure you are at least 2 inches away from the person next to you says Jacob Rees Mogg … ha ha ha, gammon belly laughs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

By January this year there were a total of 25 covid deaths. The first death after vaccine rollout started was announced on 12 March.

The covid death total as of last Thursday is 67. That's 42 this year, only four of which occurred by the end of April. The majority of the over 60s were double-jabbed by this time.

Edited by Zarley
Clarity
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Just done my every other day LFT as well high I have been doing for a few weeks now in addition to when ever I felt a bit ropey.

Just being a responsible  citizen and all that.

So you're doing your LFDs while "well high"? You're probably not doing them correctly then. 🤔

Test first, spliff after.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

You boys still squabbling about face coverings whilst the Tory Government are exposed for taking the piss out of the entire COVID situation?

Make sure you are at least 2 inches away from the person next to you says Jacob Rees Mogg … ha ha ha, gammon belly laughs.

When you add how fed up some people are getting with the virus / restrictions to the obvious shambles that is Bozo's Administration it's little wonder it's getting harder and harder to convince people how very necessary certain actions / behaviours are.

In the Far East for literally decades face coverings have been de riguer if you have so much as a sniffle. Around here it seems there's an almost childish delight in "getting away" with not wearing one!

The really sobering thought is they could be the new normal...

• Confused 1

North of the border the SNP are loving these Boris and co. revelations. They can be rid of these upper class twits in the stroke of a cross on a ballot paper. And can you blame them.

2 hours ago, On the inside said:

So (all be it only one) study indicated Pfizer 41x less effective against omicron. Now my maths tells me that if Pfizer was 100% effective originally (but it wasn’t) then that makes it 2.43% useful? So what hope for AZ? May as well party and forget the LFD’s?

I don't think the maths works Quite like that bit it's an interesting way of looking at it. I think these were test tube tests and not real world efficacy tests. 

It's still not great news though. If it doesn't work in the lab it's down to good fortune if our immune systems work better. 

As usual we are getting conflicting information. WHO saying it's effective and SA scientists saying it's not.

• Like 2