IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-59580185

Ooops seems like someone forgot about the TT. Lets hope the numpties don't move it to the Airport.

The soon to be empty (former) Vehicle Test Centre* would be a good site, drive in two lanes has offices,welfare and storage, can form queues and literally drive in one end and out the other. Keep the roller shutters low and the staff could have relative shelter.  

Busy times the cars could queue around the roadway. Central location, minimal work required and easy to secure overnight.

*while Swagelock decide if they want to buy it

Was it tendered/auctioned?) Probably not.

(It was on the cards over 5 years ago at least and probably longer than that... wheels within wheels)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Healthcare workers have a whole list of vaccinations they are required to have as part of their employment. You can find the policies of various trusts and exact lists on Google. 

Fundamentally, why should this one be any different?

Fair enough then add it to that list where it is required. Presumably there is a process where those vaccines are evaluated, approved and added to the list. Or not. 

Also assume the need for vaccinations of any type are based on some form of risk assessment for the role the person is in.

I think there's money to be made here.

We've all seen those wildlife programs where they shoot darts at animals to sedate them for critical surgery.

With four out of five patients in hospital with covid because the morons are unvaccinated I think lots of folks would pay top dollar to be given a list of these unvaccinated idiots in a certain area that they could then hunt down and vaccinate on sight. Not only great fun but doing a public service into the bargain.

Of course you would have to pay a bounty on all those who are saved the indignity of spending months in ICU due to their own ignorance but it would probably make great tv as well.

I've always been an ideas man....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, P.K. said:

With four out of five patients in hospital with covid because the morons are unvaccinated I think lots of folks would pay top dollar to be given a list of these unvaccinated idiots in a certain area that they could then hunt down and vaccinate on sight. Not only great fun but doing a public service into the bargain.

Source?

Everyone I know who has been in (or sadly died ) “with” covid in the last few months has been as jabbed as a jabbed thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

*while Swagelock decide if they want to buy it

Was it tendered/auctioned?) Probably not.

(It was on the cards over 5 years ago at least and probably longer than that... wheels within wheels)

I was told that Swagelok already own it and that is the reason the test centre is moving, Swagelok want to expand.

8 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Source?

Everyone I know who has been in (or sadly died ) “with” covid in the last few months has been as jabbed as a jabbed thing.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:54 PM, P.K. said:

ICU is full of the unvaccinated – my patience with them is wearing thin

Most of the resources we are devoting to Covid in hospital are being spent on people who have not had their jab

In hospital, Covid-19 has largely become a disease of the unvaccinated. The man in his 20s who had always watched what he ate, worked out in the gym, was too healthy to ever catch Covid badly. The 48-year-old who never got round to making the appointment.

The person in their 50s whose friend had side-effects. The woman who wanted to wait for more evidence. The young pregnant lady worried about the effect on her baby.

The 60-year-old, brought to hospital with oxygen saturations of 70% by the ambulance that he initially called for his partner, who had died by the time it arrived; both believed that the drug companies bribed the government to get the vaccine approved.

All severely ill with Covid. All unvaccinated and previously healthy. All completely avoidable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my-patience-with-them-is-wearing-thin

12 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Fair enough then add it to that list where it is required. Presumably there is a process where those vaccines are evaluated, approved and added to the list. Or not. 

Also assume the need for vaccinations of any type are based on some form of risk assessment for the role the person is in.

You changed your mind on mandatory vaccinations for health workers pretty quickly there.

This misinformation is a big issue. Too many people are ill informed and are choosing not to be vaxxed based on this misinformation. The ironic thing is, if mandatory vaccination or vaccine passports are introduced, it will be because too many people are refusing to be vaxxed. So the anti-vaxers will bring this about by their own actions.

If the non-vaxxed are threatening the health of everyone else, action will be needed to stop them.

• Like 1