IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

I agree.

Sorry.  Your last post actually came across like you beloved it wasn’t here, when like you now say, it obviously is

It was slightly in jest.

Hospitalisations here lower than several weeks ago. Case numbers are up but so what? Some suspicious stuff over PCR negatives but also, so what?

I think mask adoption has been taken on well by the GMP. We always soldier through what we need to.

Shame that fat bald farmer that used to lead us knew nothing other than lockdown/no lockdown.

14 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I was told that Swagelok already own it and that is the reason the test centre is moving, Swagelok want to expand.

"The government has reached an agreement to sell the current test centre site in Tromode to Swagelok.

A deposit has been paid, but the sale is still subject to conditions such as the granting of planning permission."

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=64751&headline=New plans for the test centre&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021

So basically the sale is contigent on the government giving planning permission to their preferred buyer and of course the price is 'commercially sensitive'. 

Presumably all greenlit by the AG's office, Treasury and the divesting process and above board so no need to tender, auction or otherwise seek the best price on an open market. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Hospitalisations here lower than several weeks ago. Case numbers are up but so what? Some suspicious stuff over PCR negatives but also, so what?

Actually hospitalisation is up, there are currently 9 in Nobles[1] as opposed to 3 three weeks ago.  And it's for the reason Rachel pointed out recently - cases are up and a couple of weeks later that will feed into increased hospitalisation.  Now the proportion of cases that end up in hospital may have dropped from what it was previously because of vaccination, but if cases go up, the number in hosputal will too.

[1]  And as usual all these have Covid symptoms as far as we know - certainly the 8 in on Tuesday night did.

• Haha 1

Is there something wrong with IOMG online payments at the moment? I'm trying to pay for the PCR test on return and whatever I try, it gets declined. Multiple cards, transactions approved in the app, etc. Nothing works. Problem is that you need this step to get your landing card. So now stuck here until someone tells me how to pay. Just another broken step in a total rubbish experience. The UK landing form doesn't even recognize the NHS app QR code for vaccination for example. 

image.png

9 hours ago, finlo said:

Who cares!

They certainly do. 😀 

• WHO said the highly mutated omicron variant of Covid-19 could change the course of the pandemic.
  • The director-general said the exact impact is "still difficult to know," noting that questions about the transmissibility and severity of omicron remain unanswered. 

I do hope Alf & Co. are liaising with the hospitality sector NOW in regards measures that will be needed to be put in place when the vaccine passport vote is passed in London next week.

Some 18 year student barmaid having to go through people’s paperwork or phone prior to pulling a pint is going to cause some drama & will get expensive for the business owner in terms of compliance.

It’s estimated the bar / nightclub trade will suffer to the tune of 30-40% …

Managed to pay now. Seems there is a known issue that when you try to pay as part of the landing form process (which is the most obvious thing to do as a user) it declines all payments. Only if you use a payments link sent to you in the landing form email will it work. The email text makes clear they know this is an issue 

FGO3GfAWQAEEWT0.png

They probably had to configure something on the fly to accommodate the new rules and threw in a hotfix to make something work as for some reason the normal payment gateway got screwed. Not an ideal UX. 

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Is there a shred of evidence anywhere that vaccine passports will stop the spread of Covid?

AFAIK, they have been used in Scotland for a number of weeks now and case numbers have not significantly decreased.

There was a steps concert on in scotland a couple of weeks ago and the punters needed to have the vaccine passport. A load of them caught covid at the event so really what does the vaccine passport achieve?

• Like 2