IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

44 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Just passed through Gatwick. Zero checks of any kind just like last time. No landing cards scanned, no QR codes checked, nada. Place is also still a ghost town. 

3B3C26CF-4F83-4BE4-826D-33CB9935FFE9.jpeg

0A47F4DC-7D0B-4B2B-9817-26A088F50BAF.jpeg

Mentioned this the other day as this is what happened to me coming into Manchester from Portugal . No checks with any paperwork apart from machine checking passport . As was said guess that has all they need but not convinced .

53 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Just passed through Gatwick. Zero checks of any kind just like last time. No landing cards scanned, no QR codes checked, nada. Place is also still a ghost town. 

So you obviously filled out passenger location form..?

Believe you're well traveled, so you know how online paperwork makes life so simple, or is this a political statement..

Been to Europe a couple of times both to and from Gatwick. Going out it is Easy Jet who check your vaccine status and landing form status so entering is easy , coming back is the same as Easy Jet checked pre departure negative confirmations ( for trip 1 but not trip 2 because the rules changed but they have now changed back again ) and your landing form with your PCR test reference ( then antigen test reference but now back to PCR ). 
That’s the main problem , the powers at be keep moving the goalposts , mostly with a complete lack of logic so it is hard to keep up. If you do go I’d buy a prereturn PCR and an antigen one because you never know what blundering Boris will do next. Coop pharmacy I’ve found to be ok price wise and the PCR test comes back quick. Or just don’t bother.

9 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Been to Europe a couple of times both to and from Gatwick. Going out it is Easy Jet who check your vaccine status and landing form status so entering is easy , coming back is the same as Easy Jet checked pre departure negative confirmations ( for trip 1 but not trip 2 because the rules changed but they have now changed back again ) and your landing form with your PCR test reference ( then antigen test reference but now back to PCR ). 
That’s the main problem , the powers at be keep moving the goalposts , mostly with a complete lack of logic so it is hard to keep up. If you do go I’d buy a prereturn PCR and an antigen one because you never know what blundering Boris will do next. Coop pharmacy I’ve found to be ok price wise and the PCR test comes back quick. Or just don’t bother.

EasyJet checked my stuff as well and that’s a real weak point. What’s the point of all these covid passes and QR codes if the only checks are a brief visual inspection by checkin staff? I could have used photoshopped documents instead of going through all the hassle of getting a real test etc and nobody would have noticed. Here at Gatwick they were more concerned about someone bringing in too many cigarettes than the virus. It seems nonsensical. 

17 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Or pointing out just how covid strains are entering the UK

Mid November i traveled to Norway, via Schipol, 3 forms and a LFT, for 1 hour 20 mins in transit. Was i asked in Amsterdam for paperwork, no, because i was before i boarded the plane. 

Was i asked in Bergen, no, because i was asked in the UK. 

Tell me how an airline lets you board without these documents..? 

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

EasyJet checked my stuff as well and that’s a real weak point. What’s the point of all these covid passes and QR codes if the only checks are a brief visual inspection by checkin staff? I could have used photoshopped documents instead of going through all the hassle of getting a real test etc and nobody would have noticed. Here at Gatwick they were more concerned about someone bringing in too many cigarettes than the virus. It seems nonsensical. 

Yet here we are once again with businesses losing out hand over fist

8 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Ones who checked mine were a bit lax at Gatwick but very diligent in the Europe end. But I agree it is all nonsensical and the sooner it all ends the better. If we’ve been good guys and galls and got vaccinated and boosted why are we still accepting all these restrictions. Needs to end and soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Yes, it's getting a bit boring now isn't it.

Correct.

If loads of people were becoming really ill then it (might) be justified.

They aren’t.  If the press stopped reporting and we stopped testing then we wouldn’t even know there was a pandemic.

give it up now

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

There's very little point in checking now. UK has plenty of omicron. Rest of the world has plenty of omicron. It's becoming the dominant strain. A few border checks ain't stopping it so there's zero point hassling travellers (we'll apart from the massive profits of the PCR testing companies). 

5 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Boosters now open to the 45-50 age range. Just booked mine

And jabs for 12- 17 year olds who aren't at any particular risk from covid (but are from myocarditis with vaccination)  - https://twitter.com/IOMGovernment/status/1469352471948574738

Why bother? - they did nothing for Delta (the biggest surges were in the most highly vaccinated countries) -

And they don't look like they work for Omicron -  https://www.reuters.com/world/us/most-reported-us-omicron-cases-have-hit-fully-vaccinated-cdc-2021-12-10/

"Most of the 43 COVID-19 cases caused by the Omicron variant identified in the United States so far were in people who were fully vaccinated, and a third of them had received a booster dose, according to a U.S. report published on Friday."

All cases mild.  -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/09/cdc-chief-omicron-mild-early-data-us-spread-variant

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/03/more-than-half-omicron-cases-in-england-are-in-the-double-jabbed

On the other hand I'd say they have made football more interesting but it's just a "coincidence" aparrently -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10244297/Leading-cardiologist-says-cluster-collapses-footballers-likely-coincidence.html

But it's always good to know rules, restrictions and lockdowns are just for the peasants and not for freemason politicians

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/08/no-10-party-more-downing-street-gatherings-now-under-the-spotlight

• Haha 1