IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Probably wondering how well you know Ashford. 

Eh?

Come on people, people are doubting that I have never had my throat swabbed despite having six tests.  

Others in my house have had the same.  I honestly didn’t know they did a throat swab.

There must be other reading who have had the same?

If it is relevant I had two sets of two tests after travel earlier this year.  One hospital admission back in February and one August last year.  Not a single throat swab 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

EasyJet checked my stuff as well and that’s a real weak point. What’s the point of all these covid passes and QR codes if the only checks are a brief visual inspection by checkin staff? I could have used photoshopped documents instead of going through all the hassle of getting a real test etc and nobody would have noticed. Here at Gatwick they were more concerned about someone bringing in too many cigarettes than the virus. It seems nonsensical. 

There has to be a certain element of trust placed on the individual that they are complying with the rules in place.

It’s no different to asking people to do 10 days isolation here if they test positive.

We really DO NOT want a police state though that appears to be what many are hankering for.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

There has to be a certain element of trust placed on the individual that they are complying with the rules in place.

It’s no different to asking people to do 10 days isolation here if they test positive.

We really DO NOT want a police state though that appears to be what many are hankering for.

I don’t want a police state either but this whole system is largely useless. It’s also a clear sign that if the virus was really as dangerous as they all say, they wouldn’t leave it to checkin staff to keep the world safe. 

The only place that scanned or checked anything on arrival was here right now, so it seems we’re ahead of others in this. Efficient, quick and friendly process. Nice. 

EA49770D-0E25-4A30-9983-ACA756D28333.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Correct.

If loads of people were becoming really ill then it (might) be justified.

They aren’t.  If the press stopped reporting and we stopped testing then we wouldn’t even know there was a pandemic.

give it up now

Your attitude is reassuring. Thank you.

I take it you work at Nobles, probably Ward 17.

33 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well, here we are, the first two cases of Omicron on Island... 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=64920&headline=BREAKING NEWS: First cases of omicron&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021

For those who want to "let it rip" let's see what happens now. 

First two detected cases.  It has obviously been flying around for a while

• Thanks 1