IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

47 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Spain does not have sky high figures. Isn't it lower than UK now?

No. Last week Spain registered 120,000 cases. UK 23,400.

heres the latest EU prevalence table per 100.000. Next one due tomorrow.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1110187/coronavirus-incidence-europe-by-country/

43 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Italy are testing travelers from Spain though.

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-08-16/France-considers-mandatory-face-masks-at-work-COVID-19-daily-bulletin-T0mXJIkTh6/index.html

- Italy has announced anyone returning from Spain, Croatia, Malta and Greece will be tested at the airport. Most of the 629 people who tested positive for the virus had recently came back from one of these countries, the health ministry said. 

Strangely not as you come off the ferry from Barcelona to Rome. But it’s a test, not 14 days isolation. And each of those countries bar Greece has higher figures than Bulgaria.

Theyre in the Amber category. Only two EU countries on the Italian red list. Bulgaria and Romania

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Strangely not as you come off the ferry from Barcelona to Rome. But it’s a test, not 14 days isolation. And each of those countries bar Greece has higher figures than Bulgaria

Actually John, this is the official link. Would appear someone at the port was napping.

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html

Croatia, Greece, Malta, Spain: the Minister of Health, with an Ordinance of 12 August 2020, in addition to what is already provided for EU countries, has established that those who enter/return to Italy from these countries (after a stay or even only transit) from 13 August and until further notice, must also:

a) present a statement that they have undergone a molecular or antigenic test carried out by means of a swab and a negative result within 72 hours before entering the national territory;

alternatively

b) undergo a molecular or antigenic test; to be swabbed upon arrival at the airport, port, or border location (where possible) or within 48 hours of entering the national territory at the reference local health unit.

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I have known many a student 'jet off' to Uni full of confidence about how they won't be coming home for ages - 'can't  wait to get off this rock' you won't see me back here' etc. etc. Give it until November and then its "Missing home, Missing Mum and dad" - "Uni's not for me" - "Please come and see me". What happens then? Is it just tough luck? The UK kids will just go home. 

Our departing students are just kids and they know no better. This cannot last until Christmas. Why is there no plan for if (when) the infection rate in the UK does not improve/gets worse?

If they can't hack that they can quit and come home.

Or else they get on with it.

Like every previous generation which went away from the IOM.

I really don't understand this thing with the current generation (or their parents more likely) of them apparently needing to come home for a hug every few months.

We didn't have mobiles or the internet either. Phone boxes or we wrote a letter.

ETA: and we were living the easy life vs people who had joined the military.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Actually John, this is the official link. Would appear someone at the port was napping.

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html

Croatia, Greece, Malta, Spain: the Minister of Health, with an Ordinance of 12 August 2020, in addition to what is already provided for EU countries, has established that those who enter/return to Italy from these countries (after a stay or even only transit) from 13 August and until further notice, must also:

a) present a statement that they have undergone a molecular or antigenic test carried out by means of a swab and a negative result within 72 hours before entering the national territory;

alternatively

b) undergo a molecular or antigenic test; to be swabbed upon arrival at the airport, port, or border location (where possible) or within 48 hours of entering the national territory at the reference local health unit.

I filled out the form in Barcelona before embarking. There was no check coming off the boat. I’m well aware of the various regs. I’ve been travelling and make sure I’ve got the forms and tests. I actually had a negative PCR the day I departed for Rome because it was also mandatory for Greek entry the day after Italy. You note they don’t require to see the test result!

1 minute ago, pongo said:

I really don't understand this thing with the current generation (or their parents more likely) of them apparently needing to come home for a hug every few months.

We didn't have mobiles or the internet either. Phone boxes or we wrote a letter.

Do you have kids ? Not many parents will share your view.  Not including the people who put their kids in boarding school ASAP . I don’t call them parents.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

Phone box, same one each time. Tried to place a reverse charge call, which my family refused. They then rang me back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I filled out the form in Barcelona before embarking. There was no check coming off the boat. I’m well aware of the various regs. I’ve been travelling and make sure I’ve got the forms and tests. I actually had a negative PCR the day I departed for Rome because it was also mandatory for Greek entry the day after Italy. You note they don’t require to see the test result!

Was suggesting the officials were napping to be honest 

Just now, cheesypeas said:

Was suggesting the officials were napping to be honest 

I don’t think Grimaldi Lines would let you on without the form. so no need to be awake At Civitavecchia. The only copies on the day I travelled were in Italian. My Italian is rusty. It was fun to fill in. 

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think you mentioned you were scared of students coming home for Xmas!

Nope. No problem with them coming home provided they isolate if those are the rules.

But I don't see why they would want or need to. Why not save money and work through the holiday?

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Blimey. You sound like the yorkshire sketch on Monty python. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3