IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

PCR test: 11am

Negative result email: 7.30pm

Apart from the payments issue during the landing card process, which is clearly caused by the recent omnicron changes screwing up the online user journey and probably already being addressed by the IOMG web team, the whole setup we have in place here is actually quite good. Landing card is easy to fill in, team at the airport is friendly and working fast (took us longer to wait for the luggage than to go through the covid checks) and the test team (full throat and nose swab) was also very friendly and obviously fast. All in all well done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, quilp said:

I care. More people care than don't. You're the minority. This, devil-may-care, silly macho attitude, this literal bravado you churn out makes you look ridiculous.

Idiot. 

So for how much longer do you suggest we all do tests, mask up, not travel freely?

There aren’t huge numbers of people becoming ill and it has been suggested that it is less harmful now than before (especially since anyone with a brain is jabbed) so why the continuation of reporting and fear?

Hand on heart, if it wasn’t in the press would it have impacted on your life in anyway on the last six months?  Would you actually know there was a pandemic if you hadn’t seen it on the news and been told to mask up and test?  Would anyone you know have become ill anymore so than people always have and always will?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Would you actually know there was a pandemic if you hadn’t seen it on the news 

Would you actually know that man had landed on the moon or Princess Diana had been killed in a car crash if you hadn’t seen it on the news?

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Would you actually know that man had landed on the moon or Princess Diana had been killed in a car crash if you hadn’t seen it on the news?

No, but neither of those things directly impacted the way I lived my life so are in no way comparable to this nonsense.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Did 9/11 impact on the way you live your life? It still happened

It did a bit.  In response to an obvious and real threat from terrorists getting into the cockpits of planes they introduced better airport security and locking doors to the cockpit.

It didn’t stop me seeing my family or doing my job and was reasonable and understandable 

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Did 9/11 impact on the way you live your life? It still happened

The main difference being that it was unexpected and worse than most people had ever imagined.  We hadn’t taken life changing precautions in advance just in case.

Now,  with COVID.  It has never been as bad as predicted and yet we continue to have restrictions imposed on us “just in case”

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

9/11 had immense impact on how we live our lives, and not just airport security.

The airport security thing has certainly created a degree of inconvenience for me when travelling but not an immense impact ( not being in or around the twin towers at the time) I’m struggling to find out how else it may have impacted Ramseyboi and the way he lives his life.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Extra few words

15 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

People were masked up last tie and we had far more cases didn’t we?  Plus social distancing

Which last time are you taking about? When we eliminated it? I don't get what you on about.

The simple facts are Omicron is more transmissible than Delta; it defeats the established immune response and can lead to more infections; more people are going to get sick; and at a much higher rate.

The question that remains to be answered is how sick they'll get. If it is less than Delta then this is the dream (and most indications seem to be that this is the case) but if people get as sick as they do with Delta then things will get very messy, very quickly. Whether you believe that or not is your choice but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The airport security thing has certainly created a degree of inconvenience for me when travelling but not an immense impact ( not being in or around the twin towers at the time) I’m struggling to find out how else it may have impacted Ramseyboi

It hasn’t impacted me really, and if it did I would t mind because it was and is a real and evidenced threat to all of us.

I couldn’t eat better or exercise more to reduce the risk.  It was simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The airport security thing has certainly created a degree of inconvenience for me when travelling but not an immense impact ( not being in or around the twin towers at the time) I’m struggling to find out how else it may have impacted Ramseyboi and the way he lives his life.

Well, just a couple of wars, refugees, AML regulations, subsequent lesser terrorist attacks, radicalisation.  I could go on, but 9/11 was a major shift.  Whether you agree with the changes or not, life has changed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1