IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Friends and family working at nobles string it’s much like any other winter but we now try and keep COVID patients separate.

Mrs for an endoscopy referral a few weeks ago.  Appointment came through very quickly.  All done and dusted early last week.  Didn’t even need to PCR and isolate before going in.

• Haha 1

I have been listening to the CM and Lawrie Hooper talking on the radio about the current situation with the latest variant. I hope Hooper stays as Health Minister as he talks well and openly and appears to have an open and enquiring mind. Alf also appears to be considered in his responses. This is all for the good. I have some confidence that they can keep this up and not abuse the trust and intelligence of the population like the previous incumbents. 

Edited by joebean
typo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Anyone said:

Out and about and in shops etc where it is required all are masked up ( because we are by and large a pliable lot). In pubs and restaurants ( where you could argue the risk might , just might be greater because no bugger knows ) not a mask in sight. I prefer the latter. But I could be wrong. But I could be right. Perhaps I should ask an expert , but which one? The one that thinks this way or that way or the third way. I love experts. Wish I was one then I’d know what to do , or not depending on how accurate , or inaccurate , my modelling was or was not. Or I could be right or , perchance wrong. 

We do have some strange rules, I certainly thought we’d have to follow/mirror the UK rules a lot closer than we actually are, but unless we turn into Covid island and start filling up our hospital then we aren’t even on the radar. Still the UK is attracting some heavy criticism, work from home where possible to avoid people and yet go to your Christmas party.

22 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Friends and family working at nobles string it’s much like any other winter but we now try and keep COVID patients separate.

Mrs for an endoscopy referral a few weeks ago.  Appointment came through very quickly.  All done and dusted early last week.  Didn’t even need to PCR and isolate before going in.

Add to the comments by @Kipper99 

You don’t appear to comprehend.

Endoscopy = day procedure = going ahead.

Need an op requiring an overnight stay = not going ahead

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Add to the comments by @Kipper99 

You don’t appear to comprehend.

Endoscopy = day procedure = going ahead.

Need an op requiring an overnight stay = not going ahead

I understand perfectly thanks.

From what I hear that is more to do with a lack of staff and particularly anesthetists than anything else, but let’s blame it all on COVID again anyway.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Having taken an LFT to reduce the risk as much as possible, or don’t go if you are scared.

Its not complicated.

I couldn’t care less it just that it makes an absolutely mockery of the rules, LFTs aren’t accurate enough and it wouldn’t stop someone going after 10 days after initial infection anyway, only yesterday did I hear someone say they couldn’t wait to get out the house after being stuck in for 10 days, so they were out on day 11 and not wearing a mask either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

That might have been the case when this all started but every hospital in the world likely now has covid patients in it (people who test positive) so the world has adapted 

It's currently an ever-changing situation. Adaptability is fluid, it has to be to address each variant that has arisen and mutations yet to happen. Omicron presents new challenges. And the Delta variant, killing people the world over, is still rampant.

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Like so many other people you are basing your thinking on the situation 2 years ago. The odds of getting seriously ill now unless you are unjabbed or already very old and/or ill from something else is minute.

The odds are that you, underneath all your bravado and hearsay, are panic-stricken, your nonchalance being a symptom of this underlying fear; a coping-mechanism. Just a guess, mind.

The same few sad people stressing about COVID here, on Facebook and Twitter are reflective of a tiny portion of the general population.

"the same few sad people." How do you know it's a "tiny portion of the general population"? I don't see how you can possibly know this, but then there's a tiny portion of the population who think like you do, reveling in their mutual confirmation bias. 

People simply don’t care anymore.

If this wasn't so sad it would be funny.

You stated in a previous post that on entering a shop or pub or whatever, that you'd check to see if anyone else was wearing a mask before deciding to wear one yourself. Do you honestly think this is a wise tactic? This kind of complacency carries with it extra risk as far as I'm concerned, it's a gamble at this present time considering the rising numbers generally across the UK.

It'll be a couple of weeks yet before the impact of this variant is fully known. And then of course there's the expected variant of Omicron, what will it bring?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, quilp said:

It's currently an ever-changing situation. Adaptability is fluid, it has to be to address each variant that has arisen and mutations yet to happen. Omicron presents new challenges. And the Delta variant, killing people the world over, is still rampant.

The odds are that you, underneath all your bravado and hearsay, are panic-stricken, your nonchalance being a symptom of this underlying fear; a coping-mechanism. Just a guess, mind.

"the same few sad people." How do you know it's a "tiny portion of the general population"? I don't see how you can possibly know this, but then there's a tiny portion of the population who think like you do, reveling in their mutual confirmation bias. 

If this wasn't so sad it would be funny.

You stated in a previous post that on entering a shop or pub or whatever, that you'd check to see if anyone else was wearing a mask before deciding to wear one yourself. Do you honestly think this is a wise tactic? This kind of complacency carries with it extra risk as far as I'm concerned, it's a gamble at this present time considering the rising numbers generally across the UK.

It'll be a couple of weeks yet before the impact of this variant is fully known. And then of course there's the expected variant of Omicron, what will it bring?

You sound like you need a holiday!  It can’t be healthy to be that stressed about something that has been here for two years and is going to be part of our lives for a long time to come.

Why on earth would I wear a mask in a shop if nobody else is?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

This discussion is rapidly turning into ramseyboi stamping his feet over and over, with his hands over his ears, screaming repeatedly that he doesn't care.

It’s a small number of COViD stress heads posting on the internet to other stress heads.

I only know a handful of people in real life who think like you all do on the here.  Most are just sick of it and want to live completely normal lives.

• Haha 3